6 months ago
DISH is the global data interchange standard implemented by all Billing Settlement Plans (BSPs), to ensure consistency and the exchange of the highest possible quality data between BSPs and GDSs, airlines, credit card acquirers and other business partners. More information is available here:
The IATA Passenger Service Conference has approved the effectiveness of the mandatory DISH Revision 23.0, to be developed by all stakeholders in 2018 and become implemented in 2019/2020 in all BSPs.
The Assistant Manager will support the DISH23 Implementation Manager during development, testing and implementation stages of the Project.
The position is to be fulfilled by 01 March 2018 with the end date of 31 Dec 2019, will be based in Madrid and report to the Senior Manager, DISH23 Implementation.
* Support the Implementation Manager during development, testing and implementation stages of the Project
* Create and manage the application change requests for all IATA DPC systems to ensure the systems compliance with DISH23.0 requirements by Feb 2019
* Coordinate testing/pilot activities with external and internal stakeholders, be the liaison between all parties for the testing and implementation
* Lead the non-DISH compliant Acquirers migration to DISH23.0 format
* Assist the Manager with the preparation of Project’s documentation
* Provide the replies on the DISH23.0 queries to external/internal stakeholders
Qualifications and Skills
* University Degree or equivalent
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in the Air Transport Industry;
* Full understanding of the IATA BSP Billing and Reporting activities;
* Experience working with DISH specifications is a plus;
* Technical capacity to raise Application Change Requests
* Excellent organizational and customer service skills;
* Analytical mindset;
* Ability to learn fast, positive attitude;
* Proven ability to cope with tight deadlines;
* Flexibility and ability to work internationally and cross-culturally;
* Flexibility to travel upon requests to meet DISH 23 stakeholders;
* Fluency in written and spoken English, other language would be an asset;
* The candidates must possess the IATA values.
At the heart of IATA are our Values and Behaviors. We all have different personalities, styles and areas of expertise, but you’ll recognize us by the consistent way we act and behave in line with our Values and Behaviors. We are looking for people who bring them to life in everything they do – they are:
* Act with integrity and uphold our standards
* Think strategically in support of the global big picture
* Partner and manage to create high performing teams
* Putting people first by acting with a simple human touch
Here at IATA we are proud of being a Diverse & Inclusive Organization – we have people from all over the world working in our offices, and we extend this to our recruiting practices. We are a meritocratic organization and an equal opportunity employer.