4 months ago
Under the direction of the Regional Head – Corporate Services, the Assistant Manager, Corporate Administration and Procurement will be responsible for implementing Logistics and administration support activities to the Africa and the Middle East region.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following :
* Carry out logistics including procurement of supplies, and contractors .
* Follow IATA’s procurement policies and procedures;
* Liaise with service providers .
* Obtain information and quotes for procurement processes;
* Oversee the administration of files and relevant documents, including the filing of
documents, physically and electronically;
* Registering and tracking all incoming and outgoing physical correspondence;
* Perform receptionist, operator tasks .
* Manage public information materials;
* Manage equipment and assets; and, perform other logistical and administrative tasks
within IATA’s scope of activities, as instructed by management.
* Manage the regional office facilities, safety and security, space allocation, conference
rooms, logistics, maintenance, as well as the relationship with the landlord;
* Manage internal meetings & industry events within the AME region in close
coordination with the regional functional teams and external stakeholders;
* Coordinate purchasing activities for the regional office in cooperation with the regional
functional teams and the head office;
* Support for Procure To Pay (PTP) related activities as a regional SME and point of
reference for all PTP related activities in SAP;
* Provide timely & accurate input for budgeting and forecasting purposes;
Qualifications and Skills
University degree in Business Administration or other relevant areas;
Minimum 5 years' experience in the Administration & Procurement field in an international environment;
Proven skills in business negotiation, project management, events organization and management of services follow-up;
Strong background on commercial sourcing projects and outsourcing activities;
Ability to communicate efficiently, to interact comfortably with senior management and to summarize key issues with tact and diplomacy;
Self-confident and energetic team player with proficiency in working with minimum supervision and coping with high workload and meet strict deadlines
Good knowledge of MS Office and IT related matters, including presentation software;
Mandatory proficiency with SAP ERP;
Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic; knowledge of French would be an asset.
At the heart of IATA are our Values and Behaviors. We all have different personalities, styles and areas of expertise, but you’ll recognize us by the consistent way we act and behave in line with our Values and Behaviors. We are looking for people who bring them to life in everything they do – they are:
* Act with integrity and uphold our standards
* Think strategically in support of the global big picture
* Partner and manage to create high performing teams
* Putting people first by acting with a simple human touch
Here at IATA we are proud of being a Diverse & Inclusive Organization – we have people from all over the world working in our offices, and we extend this to our recruiting practices. We are a meritocratic organization and an equal opportunity employer.