9 months ago
Previous candidates should not re-apply.
Assistant Manager – Airport Services & Retail
Please ensure you read this job description fully. Applications will only be accepted for prospective candidates who have fully read and understand this job advert whilst interviews will only proceed for candidates who have completed some back ground research on our company as questions will be asked at interview.
Please note and confirm with your application that you;
a) Understand this is not a 9-5 job role
b) You live within 30 minutes of the Airport
c) You have fully read the Job description
d) You have researched this job role and our company in the event you are called for interview.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptional and highly experienced service/retail assistant Manager with a proven track record of high end retail achievements, along with a strong focus on customer service whilst driving profitability.
Airport experience would be an advantage although not essential.
Skill set: Experienced person in management, customer service and retail sales required
* Customer focus is key
* Services such as bag wrap, left luggage, lost property, luggage weighing.
* Luggage retail
Location : Edinburgh Airport
Salary and Hours :
* £18k + target driven commission. 40 hours per week.
* Company Pension
* Airport retail and service hours are extensive where shift work may be required for cover including early morning or late hours, own transport is therefore essential.
* Full time 40 hour contract to include occasional weekends.
* Base Manager & Regional Manager - This is a role where you can personally 'make your mark' ensuring business growth using personal and proven company skill sets.
Key Accountability :
* To maximise profitability through external and internal sales opportunities whilst effectively controlling costs.
* Bring the brand alive through people, product and environment.
* Delight customers by enhancing the customer experience.
* Delivery of Company and Airport Passenger Charters.
Relationships with :
* Customer, base manager, colleagues, regional manager, head office and directors.
* External networking (i.e. airport operations/management, local travel agents, airline ground staff).
* Forward thinking approach to generating additional sales and growth of business.
* Puts the customer first, smiles, acknowledges and uses appropriate techniques at busy times.
* Recognise different customer types, adapts personal style to build rapport and identifies - customer needs and converts sales.
* Handle customer enquiries/complaints effectively and seek opportunities to enhance the customer experience.
* To be aware and react accordingly to an ever changing environment whilst being active in associated networking.
* To analyse KPI's and service/store performance, communicate effectively with team and take action to make improvements to service and increased sales.
* Manage stock effectively to maximise sales and prevent loss by monitoring, budgeting, reviewing, checking and communicating issues whilst ensuring that stock etc is stored in accordance with company and airport guidelines and regulations.
* Responsible for the security of Company monies and property therefore, ensure all administration and security procedures are followed by self and team and use information to take preventative actions.
* Maintain a clean and hygienic service area and store, front and back, ensuring it is well organised, safe and complies with legal and internal procedures. Deal with issues appropriately.
* Ensure all team members demonstrate appropriate behaviour and attitude to meet the needs of the business.
* Identify and carry out any required training and development.
* Lead by example, inspiring and motivating the team to achieve positive results.
* Communicate knowledgeably about the results and set clear goals for the team.
* Handle performance by giving constructive feedback, undertake regular performance reviews whilst manage poor performance and control issues.
* Plan rotas in advance, whilst utilise information to align staffing levels for sales expectation whilst ensure colleagues are available to meet the business needs.
Other Duties :
* To carry out any duties as required by the Base Manager, Regional Manager and Directors to support the success of the business.
* To cover all positions if and when required.
* Travel to other Luggage-Point bases at airports around the UK.
Measures of Performance :
Performance reviewed regularly against Management objectives and Key Performance Indicators.
Position offered subject to satisfactory Criminal Record Checks, references and successful probation period.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000.00 /year
* Staff Management: 2 years
* Customer Service: 2 years
* Retail Sales: 2 years