about 1 year ago
Position: Assistant Base In-Charge
Qualification: 12th passed
Age: 23 - 35 Years
Experience From: 4 Years - 0 Months
Experience To: 10 Years - 0 Months
Key Requirement for the Position • Uphold Company Values, Culture, Safety, Security & Quality policy at all times
• Ensure all DGCA regulations and company standards are complied with respect to safety.
• Ensure crew compliance to grooming and service standards.
• Ensure service delivery is consistent and as per company standards
• Ensure compliance of cabin crew roster
• Ensure that crew have valid AEP passes at all times.
• Keep abreast of all matters pertaining to all aspects of in-flight
• Assist Base Manager in base administration.
• Ensure documentation is complete
• Update files and records on a regular basis.
• Update notice boards.
• Check the flight reports and action issues mentioned in the flight report with the concerned department
• Resolve all crew related issues and report the same to Base Manager
• Monitor check crew sign-in, sign-out and pre-flight medicals
• Ensure crew report on time and conduct pre-flight and post-flight briefings.
• Participate in crew pre-flight briefings and post-flight briefings
• Brief crew regarding any circulars, notices, policies, procedures and promotional campaigns.
• Ensure that crew are on board 50 minutes prior to departure for base flights & 35 minutes prior to departure for turnaround flights and contribute to efficiency and punctuality of the company.
• Ensure 100% OTP
Job Description • Liaise with other departments to contribute to on time performance
• Be on the aircraft during transit halts to assist and monitor cabin cleaning and crew movement
• Liaise with Catering / OCC / Apt Services / GSD / Contract workers (Cabin Cleaning personnel) to ensure flights leave as per highest standards.
• Ensure that all passenger amenities are available on board at all times.
• Any safety related incidents to be immediately informed to General Manager, In-flight Services and Senior Manager Cabin Crew Training
• Coordinate with Caterer / Catering Partner for catering uplift in case the flight is delayed & advise them of the revised timings
• Coordinate with other Onboard Merchandise Sale Partner for the day to day requirements and accounting
• Perform surprise checks on flights and send a detailed report to General Manager, In-flight Services, Manager Cabin Crew and Senior Manager Cabin Crew Training
• Suggest and Implement cost reduction strategies and ensure 10% reduction in costs.
• Check the sales sheets of Catering and Merchandise to identify short cash or variances and take action as per procedure.
• Monitor the leave status of crew and come up with a trend analysis of all crew
• Update crew personal files with data regarding the performance of each crew, attendance record, appreciation letters, behavioral issues etc.
• Operate flights in exigency or as required. Maintain competency validity.
• Send daily and weekly cabin maintenance reports
• Upkeep of office
• Conversant with all relevant laws of the DGCA and SOP’s
• All allied and ancillary duties
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time