4 months ago
Assembly Technician B
Location : Location
# of Openings
3 weeks ago(5/14/2019 6:31 PM)
We have an opportunity for a Kaflex Production Assistant to join our team in Bloomfield, CT. This position performs assembly and inspection responsibilities to support the KAflex departments manufacturing processes.
Kaman Specialty Bearings & Engineered Products, a division of Kaman Corporation, located in Bloomfield CT, is a leader in the design and manufacture of high technology mechanical products, such as self-lubricated bearings and driveline couplings, used in aviation, marine, hydropower and other industrial applications.
Power your career with an industry leader that powers the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Perform all assembly responsibilities in a cell. Assemble and adjust complex components. Mark, label and package parts. Make adjustments to meet customer requirements. Develop and document assembly procedures.
* Perform all responsibilities within productivity and quality expectations. Follow work procedures.
* Set up and operate multiple assembly machines and processes. Considered a master of 2 machines.
* Act as a troubleshooter for assembly process problems. Resolve problems or refer problems to appropriate individual.
* Train assemblers in operations and processes.
* May occasionally perform responsibilities of a machinist.
* Perform visual and dimensional inspection of various mechanical components and assemblies to close tolerance. Perform first piece and in-process inspection. Use a variety of conventional and advanced inspection devices, CMM tools and instruments to verify dimensions to drawing specifications
* Identify defects in surface, dimensional, visual and non-conformities (material, documentation and workmanship) to blueprints and Kamatics’ quality standards. Report non-conformance of materials or unusual conditions to Sr. Team Leader.
* Maintain clean and safe work environment. Follow safety and environmental procedures and regulations. Report safety incidents to supervisor.
* Make recommendations for improvements to work processes. Contribute to 5S program in work area.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Experience: 4-6 years of manufacturing experience
Skills/Abilities Essential to the Position:
Attention to detail
Communication (speaking, questioning, listening)
Inspection of work
Set up and utilize gages
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently all applicants must be US citizens or US Permanent Residents (“green card holders”) and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Kaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).