about 1 year ago
The Assembly Lead is a working member of his/her assigned assembly line who is charged with the responsibility of leading, directing, and assigning the work of the other members of his/her crew.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Leads and directs the activities of assembly line. Assists with interpretation of work instructions to ensure work and inspections are properly completed / verified in compliance with established policies/procedures.
2. Serves as the ANDON facilitator, to evaluate failure mode(s) and notify appropriate support personnel required to address / solve issue(s).
3. Ensures all Kanban carts are correctly configured for each assembly station, validating all parts in accordance to the material Pick List.
4. Coordinates with Business Planner in establishing and maintaining Job Pick List Board in accordance to the assembly schedule and build sequence.
5. Assists water-spiders to ensure efficient & effective Kanban cart replenishment.
6. Ensures all assembly work instructions match Drawing Revision Matrix provided by Manufacturing Engineer.
7. Ensures all assembly station tooling is correct and properly organized on shadow boards.
8. Coordinates with Production Team Leader in establishing and maintaining daily schedule.
9. Actively interfaces with assemblers with expressed emphasis on assembly improvement(s) as it relates to method and related work instructions.
10. Continuously monitors safety, MSDS cabinet, documentation, and proper procedures to ensure compliance.
11. Assists with investigations, validation, and developing root cause analysis based on corrective actions for internal and external audit findings identified in assigned work areas.
12. Attends customer coordination and status meetings at defined times.
13. Assists in the training of other employees as well as assisting them in the performance of their job assignments through coaching, counseling, and guidance.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Three (3) or more years of experience as Technician and/or Line Leader in an aerospace-related environment, or previous demonstrated ability within HAECO. Manufacturing / assembly leadership experience outside the aerospace industry may be considered.
3. Must possess sound problem solving skills with ability to assess failure mode(s), identify cause(s), and implement counter measure(s).
4. Basic computer skills – Microsoft Office programs.
5. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to interact professionally and courteously with a wide variety of people.
6. Must have the ability to lead people and accept responsibility.
7. Read, write and understand the English Language.