9 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
This is an entry-level position into the Cargo Assembly group. Individuals will work under the direct supervision of a Manufacturing Team Leader or higher level assembler in the area to learn the required skills and processes. In general, this position is responsible for performing assembly operations as detailed in the Manufacturing Order and engineering drawing, functional testing of the product, and kitting/packaging of hardware for shipment. Individuals must be quality oriented and able to work in a team environment. Maintaining a safe and clean work environment is critical to the position. Candidates may also be involved in ACE initiatives in their work areas.
* Assembly of hardware per Manufacturing Order, Engineering Drawing, and applicable specifications.
* Packaging and kitting of parts for shipment
* Assist Part Dispatchers with pulling inventory details for assembly jobs
* Assist with cycle counting and lot traceability
* Must adhere to all EH & S regulations and policies as well as attend required training courses related to EH & S
* Follow the EH & S roles and responsibilities in accordance with the Cargo Policy
* Complete all necessary training to obtain certified operators status
* Adheres to 5S training to maintain clean and organized work areas
* Participate in Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) as required
* Basic computer knowledge
* Use of hand and power tools
* Support Customer Demands
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
* Ability to write simple correspondence
* Ability to function productively as part of a team
* Must be capable to lift up to 40lbs.
* Must be able to work in a standing position up to 8 hours per day
* Adhere to and promote Geared For Success: People, Ideas, Integrity, Performance
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen
* High School Diploma, or equivalent
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.