11 months ago
Responsible for performing various sub assembly operations using a variety of hand and power tools to support engine core module assembly.
• Assembly of details on parts utilizing various tools
• Work from complex product drawings, manuals, and specifications
• Adherence to Operator Acceptance Procedures (OAP)
• Inspect finished product and identify defects
• Set-up, operate, adjust and troubleshoot all tools and equipment used in the assembly process
• Utilizes precision measuring instruments to inspect parts
• Maintains accurate work records
• Willingness to support team concept and learn/perform other duties as required
• Maintains standards for 6S and tool control
• Recognizes process variation, adjusts accordingly while maintaining compliant work practices, and consistently produces conforming hardware
• Maintains productivity standards
• Willingness to work outside normal work hours to support assembly requirements
• High School Diploma or GED
The qualified associate who assumes these responsibilities will be expected to:
• Understand how to identify and effectively use a variety of power and hand tools
• Read, understand and utilize procedures, detailed computerized build plans, and basic mathematical calculations
• Ability to perform precise and detailed work
• Communicate effectively and professionally with others, both written and verbal within the team
• Follow and promote safe work practices
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Indiana; Terre Haute
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.