about 1 year ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to todays more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft our systems make modern flight possible. And by make it possible, we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
* Test and calibrate parts.
* Accurately read blueprints.
* Demonstrate proper use of simple hand and machine tools.
* Demonstrate proper use of electrical/mechanical measuring devices.
* Take ownership for the accuracy of processes and resulting costs.
* Accurately read and follow procedures, routing, and other work instructions.
* Responsible for quality.
* Meet customer deadlines.
* Responsible for building parts that meet customer expectations.
* Responsible to comply with applicable elements of quality systems.
* Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
* Ability to plan and prioritize work to met production schedules and quality requirements.
* Coordinate production to meet deadlines and quality requirements.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks.
* Acquire applicable skill/knowledge/certifications as required.
* Understand end uses of products being built.
* Request tools and supplies in accordance with project requirements.
* Comply with safety and hazardous waste disposal programs.
* Participate in cost reduction, scrap reduction, lean, process improvement, etc.
* Ability to train/coach others as needed.
* Demonstrate a proactive role in problem-solving
* Demonstrates initiative to keep processes moving and on schedule.
* Understand and use computer tools such as Oracle.
* Achieve special process certification where applicable.
* Perform process inspection.
* Interface with other functional groups to update, inform, acknowledge or resolve problems related to business issues.
* Effectively interact with others.
* Meet cost goals and determine measures to obtain those goals.
* Participate in cost reduction plans.
* Participate in waste minimization efforts.
* Participate in audits.|
* Minimum Experience: Less than 3 months
* Skills Required: The type of experience required to effectively perform the essential functions and responsibilities of this position.
* Production experience is preferred.
* Ability to read prints and follow assembly instruction.
* Must be able to effectively work in an environment requiring repetitive job responsibilities.
* Ability to focus on safety and quality is extremely important.
* Must be highly motivated and dedicated to exceeding customer expectations.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.