$60,000 - $64,999
- Operate in a close-knit team equipped with high-tech weapons
- Experience unique friendships and opportunities to travel
- Enjoy an excellent salary package plus numerous benefits
Take charge of some of the Army’s most impressive firepower, while developing your teamwork, leadership and communication skills.
As an Artillery Operator take charge of high-tech heavy weaponry, while enjoying:
• a good salary plus generous superannuation
• ongoing investment in your personal and career development
• free medical and dental
• job security and a good work/life balance
• rewarding work and world-class training
• subsidised accommodation
• a supportive team environment
• travel and leave entitlements
• free access to sports and fitness facilities
• friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus exciting opportunities supporting Army domestic activities, including exercises and operations, with potential deployments overseas in support of Australian and coalition personnel.
If you’re looking for an exciting job that tests both your mental and physical resources, the action-packed role of Artillery Operator could be the one to aim for.
You and your team will shoulder the responsibility of providing vital firepower in support of Army operations. Your duties will include setting-up heavy artillery, loading shells and operating targeting equipment focused on enemy positions that could be as far as 30km away.
You'll also maintain and service your gun as well as defend its position in the field.
Full training will help you become accustomed to the adrenalin-surge of handling and firing live ammunition. And the ‘tools’ of your trade will include high air and ground explosives, and illumination and smoke producing ammunition.
As an Artillery Operator you’ll enjoy a very special team culture filled with variety and adventure. Better still, you’ll be working for a dynamic organisation that offers a great lifestyle plus opportunities and experiences you simply won’t find anywhere else.
So do you believe you have the attributes and resolve to become an Artilleryman in the Australian Army? Then apply now.
• Fully-paid training
• Once trained, starting package approx. $61,800 p.a. plus superannuation (salaries correct as at 01/08/2019)
• Numerous other benefits
• Training in Wagga Wagga NSW and Puckapunyal VIC
• Then posting to Brisbane, Darwin, Sydney or Townsville
• At least 17 years of age
• Australian Citizen
• Year 10 completion with passes in English and Maths
If you do not have the required passes you may be eligible to sit an Alternative Education Equivalency assessment. Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.