8 months ago
Reporting to the Regional Vice President, Europe, and in collaboration with other regional areas, the successful candidate will act as IATA’s representative in the United Kingdom and Ireland, and will be responsible for the delivery of regional and global objectives, the achievement of the set objectives for the country and for leading and managing the area team.
* Lead, motivate and develop the area team to deliver IATA’s agenda;
* Build and maintain pro-active, professional and top management level relationships with member airlines (including the local representatives of foreign airlines) and other industry stakeholders, including airports, ANSP authorities, suppliers and service providers, AOC and BAR as well as with non-member airlines in both the passenger value chain and the cargo supply chain;
* Proactively build and maintain effective relationships with legislators and government officials, at both the policy and working levels in all relevant parts of the host government (e.g. Transport, Finance, Foreign Affairs, Environment and Trade ministries);
* Promote IATA’s policies, positions, objectives, activities, services and products amongst airlines, governments, regional organisations and other industry stakeholders;
* Monitor and report on aeropolitical, economic and commercial developments in the region, taking or recommending actions which are consistent with IATA’s policies and objectives;
* Build and maintain strong customer stakeholder management with airlines, travel agents and forwarders regarding IATA financial and distribution services; manage local ISS governance to adopt effective risk management rules for members’ funds; forecast ISS market trends and risks; respond quickly and effectively to any market issues which may put members’ funds at risk; coordinate closely with the relevant members of the Regional Leadership Team and the hub relevant marketplace communication, especially as related to agent defaults or airline suspensions;
* Coordinate the local implementation of global projects and programs (e.g. NDC, One Order, NewGen, IOSA, ISAGO, Value of Aviation, Environment, Fast Travel, e-AWB, etc.) with the regional team;
* Ensure corporate fiscal, legal and regulatory compliance in the area and perform representative duties based on the Power of Attorney received from the Corporate Secretary;
* Develop and drive commercial and business opportunities at the local/sub-regional level in order to achieve the regional commercial targets;
* Maintain good media relationships and develop, in close cooperation with the Regional Vice President, Europe (RVP) as well as IATA’s Corporate Communications department, a coherent IATA communications strategy at the national level in support of IATA’s objectives, programs and policy positions;
* Support the organisation of IATA’s events in the respective countries and represent IATA at local or regional industry events, in coordination with the RVP and subject-matter experts as appropriate.
Qualifications and Skills
* University degree in Business Administration, Political Science or any other relevant discipline. A post-graduate University diploma would be an asset;
* Minimum of ten years of professional experience with at least five years of experience in a similar role. Industry experience is a plus;
* Proven experience in leading teams with exceptional talent for building relationships and managing projects;
* Well-developed negotiation and lobbying skills, high level of emotional and cultural intelligence;
* Results orientation; ability to think outside the box and look for opportunities to bring value to industry and stakeholders;
* Entrepreneurial flair, with a strong commercial acumen; prior experience in sales and marketing would be an asset;
* Ability to drive business results with P&L knowledge and experience;
* Sound knowledge of information technology systems and their applications;
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
* Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of other European languages would constitute an advantage.
At the heart of IATA are our Values and Behaviors. We all have different personalities, styles and areas of expertise, but you’ll recognize us by the consistent way we act and behave in line with our Values and Behaviors. We are looking for people who bring them to life in everything they do – they are:
* Act with integrity and uphold our standards
* Think strategically in support of the global big picture
* Partner and manage to create high performing teams
* Putting people first by acting with a simple human touch
Here at IATA we are proud of being a Diverse & Inclusive Organization – we have people from all over the world working in our offices, and we extend this to our recruiting practices. We are a meritocratic organization and an equal opportunity employer.