3 months ago
Apprentice IT Operations Engineer
Specific Job Description
LM Operations are responsible for delivering operational support to customers around the world ensuring technical issues have limited or no adverse impact on the customer operations.
Based at Havant the Lockheed Martin Control Centre (LMCC) provides support to over 40 customer loctions in the UK, Australia and Sweden. The LMCC provides 24/7 technical support 364 days a year exceeding stringent SLA targets by logging and resolving incidents, analysing data, deploying software and providing proactive over watch.
The LMCC functions with a wide variety of skills and capabilities with drive, agility, affordability, and innovation. The mission is to offer a customer driven approach, supporting both the current and future business needs.
Specific Job Description:
This position will report to the European Operations Manager. The role will involve rotations which will encompass the full spectrum of Operations support teams to provide you with a solid foundation and allow you begin building your career within IT support.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Providing end user support to customers via phone, face to face, whilst adhering to agreed Service Levels.
* Assist with maintaining asset tracking database.
* Participate in various project work as required such as software and hardware refresh programmes.
* Write, update and maintain written processes and procedures.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* A desire to build a career within Lockheed Martin
* Ability to demonstrate customer service skills
* Interest in ITIL / ISO 20000
* Self starter with willingness to learn from colleagues
* Must be a good team player and able to use own initiative
* Must have good problem determination skills
* Communication skills – both written and verbal
* A-Level or equivilent
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Dynamic and flexible "can-do" attitude
* Enthusiastic, motivated & passionate about IT
* Ability to demonstrate organisational skills
* Experience of Service Management processes
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.