about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10507
Location: US - New Jersey - Wayne
Functional Area: Application Engineering
Division: MMA - Materials Analysis Division
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 60
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2015 sales of $ 4 billion.
AMETEK has over 15,000 colleagues at more than 120 manufacturing locations around the world. Supporting those operations are more than 100 sales and service locations across the United States and in 30 other countries around the world.
AMETEK is a New York Stock Exchange-listed company (ticker symbol: AME) and a recent addition to the S&P 500. We strive to recognize, appreciate, and value diversity within our corporate culture. AMETEK Vision Research provides a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, and 401(k) with company match. We have a casual work environment. AMETEK Vision Research is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
The role of Application Engineer is a critical role for the growth of the company. Support the sales team to help the development of sales and contribute to a positive pre-sales and after-sales experience for prospects and existing customers alike as well as provide application expertise within our Wayne HQ. The position may involve a high degree of travel. This role is suited to a confident and organized professional, who has worked in a similar high technology company.
Reports to the Director of Sales - Americas
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support the sales team to help the development of sales and contribute to a positive pre-sales and after-sales experience for prospects and existing customers alike.
• Provide technical advice regarding the use of our high speed cameras and their integration in the customers’ systems, experiments and test setups to help our sales team, our channel-partners/distributors as well as customers understand why our products are the best fit for their needs. This includes on-site demonstrations, customer visits and trainings, as well as tradeshow activities.
• Think out of the box and imagine / design new technical solutions to customer cases and technical situations, using our products along with existing and new 3rd party products.
• Gather information regarding the variety of situations where our high speed cameras are used, in order to continuously build application engineering expertise. This knowledge will be used in sales activities to capitalize on existing customer references as well as internally to provide input data for business development activities. This includes pre- and after-sales customer visits, technology watch, attending and speaking at technical conferences and seminars.
• Provide input to Product Marketing, Engineering and Operations teams to help direct the development of new products that reflect market trends and customer needs.
• Provide reporting regarding application engineering activities, technical market trends and customer feedback.
• Contribute to marketing activities by providing technical material to our factory Marketing department (application notes, success stories, sample videos, etc…) to help build the Phantom brand.
- B.S. Degree in Photography / Optics or equivalent. MS / MBA is a plus.
- 5-7 years’ experience working in a fast-paced technological environment.
- Existing knowledge of digital imagery/optical systems is required. High speed imaging experience would be highly desirable
- Capacity to learn fast and build / maintain expertise based on very diverse field activities.
- Excellent teaching / training skills, to be able to “popularize” high speed imaging for people not familiar with this technology.
- Capacity to be autonomous, think out of the box and be creative when facing difficult or unusual situations.
- The role involves travel within the East Coast Region.
- Excellent customer relation skills and good team player.
- Technical knowledge of digital imaging, camera technology, optical systems is required.
- Existing knowledge of high speed imaging systems highly desirable.
- Good English oral and written communication skills are required.
- US Citizenship required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.