2 months ago
Location : Location
# of Openings
2 months ago(5/21/2019 7:05 PM)
We have an exiciting opportunity for a Applications Engineer to join our GRW organization in Bloomfield,CT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Daily Operation: Responsible to handle all internal engineering needs for our customers. Related to Drawing review, spec-sheet creation and bearing calculations. Also ability to work on quotations and pricing needs for our outside sales team within our ERP system (Pro Alpha).
* Current and New Business Development Support: Responsible to assist the outside sales team with bearing engineering and design assistance. Work with Germany Competency Team leaders and other members to provide the best engineering support to our customers.
* Time Management: Responsibility to efficiently manage time and internal tasks accordingly. Use of Microsoft Outlook calendar as basis for customer visits and travel. Work with sales team to coordinate monthly customer visits where engineering support is necessary. Take initiative to visit customers as needed.
* Reporting: Ability to manage GRW’s designated CRM and opportunity tracking system. As this is our only tracking system for new business opportunities we expect this system to be used for management to view at any time. Engineering is required to provide necessary information into the CRM related to prints, quotes, and other needs.
* Training: Responsible to constantly train within the company. Whether it is a trip to Germany or finding time to work with CT leaders when they come to the USA. Take initiative to continue to improve bearing engineering skills for GRW success.
* Provide answers to customers’ technical questions.
* Create test plans and/or test reports for planned or completed in-house bearing tests, as required
* Consult with Sales on product requirements. Assist Sales with presentations or may create technical presentations for use by Sales personnel. Deliver formal technical presentations or have face-to-face discussions with internal and external customers on detail design and product issues
* Maintain clean and safe work environment. Follow safety and environmental procedures and processes. Report safety incidents to supervisor
* Make recommendations for improvements to work processes. Contribute to 5S program in work area.
* Provide a high level of service to all internal and external customers. Contribute to positive teamwork environment.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical/Metallurgy/Civil Engineering
* 5 + years of mechanical engineering or other relevant experience. Bearing sales or engineering experience a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization including executive and C-level management
* Experience in delivering client-focused engineering solutions based on customer needs
* Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
* Experience using a CRM Database
* Miniature ball bearing engineering experience a plus
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents ("green card holders") and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Kaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).