3 months ago
The Internal Applications Engineer will work closely with ZYGO’s engineering, sales, and marketing teams. In this highly technical position, the Internal Applications Engineer is expected to become an expert operator of ZYGO’s optical metrology instrumentation and have the ability to define the optimum solution to meet the specific requirements of a metrology application. The position includes mastering both the hardware and software elements of the systems, involvement in prototype level builds, algorithm and user experience development. An emphasis will be placed on hardware and software testing and validation as products transition from early level prototypes to released products.
The responsibilities include:
• Learn, understand and become an expert in the operation of new and existing ZYGO metrology products.
• Write and/or review technical documentation such as applications notes and reference material for instrument operation.
• Assist in building initial prototype systems and perform feasibility tests to assess metrology capabilities.
• Develop and execute test procedures and summarize the results for a broad technical audience.
• Perform final acceptance tests on custom systems at Zygo. Repeat these tests on-site at customer facilities when required.
• Assess the performance and ease of use of ZYGO products and provide feedback to the product development team with ideas for potential improvement, providing voice of the customer and end user focused feedback on new product developments.
• Understand competitive products and monitor technology developments, announcements, presentations and new product introductions throughout the industry.
BS and a minimum of 4 years of college education in a technically related major.
Optical metrology experience is desired.
Knowledge of metrology instruments, electronics and software helpful.
Good written and oral communication skills are required.
Candidate must have the ability to occasionally lift up to 45 pounds.
Willingness to travel 10% both domestically and internationally is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that would be encountered by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is generally not exposed to weather conditions, and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.