4 months ago
Applications Development Manager
Ampthill - Bedfordshire, Whiteley - Hampshire
Specific Job Description
The successful applicant will be the key liaison between the IT Operations Manager and the IT Operations departments which includes, Programme Management Office, Applications Development and Asset Management, and will also liaise with the Global Accounting team.
* Planning and execution of all Applications Development deliverables and milestones – oversee the day to day operations of the Applications Development team, providing continuous service improvement through proactive response
* Responsible for ensuring the staff are meeting and exceeding expectations in regards to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed consistently to provide effective customer service and meet requirements
* Ensuring all SLA’s are monitored and met on a day to day basis
* Tracking and trouble-shooting issues, change controls acting as a point of escalation within the team, resolution of 2nd/3rd line IT Application issues
* Maintains, updates Applications team resource plan
* Growing and maintaining the Applications portfolio, and roadmap development to enhance our products and service delivery. Applies functional knowledge to the design and customization of SAP or PeopleSoft client/server application to meet the company's requirements and systems needs. Understands content, processes, and procedures associated with implementing enterprise applications. Writes functional requirements, develops test plans, and works with production issues.
* Project initiation and scoping of business and technical requirements
* Creation of SoW, design documentation, Visio diagrams, project plans
* Working within the company Project Framework
* Liaise and engages with relevant stakeholders including end client, business partners and other teams within EBS to promote capability of service
* Assisting and supporting UK IT Operations Manager
* Has considerable latitude in project approach and technical direction
* As a manager ensures successful completion of projects and resolution of complex incidents/loss of service
* Applies extensive technical expertise to successful outcome of incidents and projects
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Enterprise Business Services (EBS) consists of LMUK IT Services, Payroll, ESH, HR and Finance functions. With employees located throughout the UK, EBS provides UK wide support to the LMUK business areas.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience of leading a variety of Application Development Projects and end-user facing service environments
* Demonstrated leadership and relationship building skills with the ability to form partnerships to drive consensus, identify and address issues
* Experience of developing and supporting either Microsoft SQL or Oracle databases, including building and running queries, developing reports.
* Experience of supporting Commercial Off the Shelf Products (COTS) including but not limited to Doors, Enterprise Architect, PTS Windchill
* Ability to understand business work flows, create new workflows and test scripts
* Experience of creating SoW, detailed system designs/documentation
* Ability to manage and focus team on agreed priorities, under pressure and to SLA
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills at both a technical and business level
* Strong analytical problem solving skills
* Self-motivated and strong can do approach, team motivator
* Delivery orientated team player
* Experience of managing a small team
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience of C# or ASP.NET
* ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation
* Experience of working within secure and export controlled environments
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.