8 months ago
This position is highly visible and requires frequent interaction with all staff levels, including the company’s senior management and corporate segment IT teams. The position will be required to work on a team of 3-5 Analysts and have direct customer interaction. This position will be based out of our Vertex Aerospace location in Madison, MS and will work on the IT team led by the IT Director.
This Applications Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for building applications based tools to improve process flows and business tasks associated with local business applications, different functional areas, and various programs that are managed by Vertex. This individual will also participate in the development of long-term strategies for plant-wide application software including application integration, software design, architecture and interfaces, and define plant-wide data and information structures.
Primary Responsibilities of this Position are:
• Contribute to the application portfolio process for the Vertex Aerospace businesses to ensure that all application projects have proper business alignment, prioritization, planning and tracking.
• Assist in the IT Steering Committee process to ensure that enhancements are prioritized, assigned, coded, tested and completed as planned.
• Interact with local IT Applications vendor relationships to ensure that all critical software components are covered by adequate maintenance contracts.
• Maintain regular status updates to the IT Director
• Participate in the selection, acquisition and implementation of any new software applications.
• BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other analytical degree, +8 years’ experience serving as an IT information specialist, developer, or BI analyst’s position , OR Education/Experience Equivalent
• Experience in developing information technology application solutions appropriate to business needs.
• High level of skill with Business intelligence infrastructure , SQL query building and dynamic report building
• Detailed understanding in building performance based metrics to drive business decision with real-time, dynamic reports and dash boarding methodologies
• Working knowledge of application development life cycle and solid understanding of Project Management fundamentals and principles.
• Candidate must have strong problem solving skills, be self-directed and capable of working with minimal supervision.
• Customer focus individual, that will react effectively and efficiently to meet requirements
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical customers.
• Strong project, organizational, presentation, and writing skills; skills are essential.
• 5-7 years minimum experience in database structure using Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL server
• Previous experience with a major supplemental technology outside ERP (WMS, BI, Supply Chain, MRO, etc)
• Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking with strong abilities in relationship management. Creative/innovative solution development and thinking outside the box required.
• SharePoint Enterprise experience required
• DoD or military experience a plus
• 15 % Travel and secret clearance
Positions with L-3 Communications may require secret clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is headquartered in Madison, Mississippi with operating locations world-wide. We provide Rotary wing and fixed wing maintenance and logistics services, Expeditionary maintenance -- Quick response staffing support. We are a leading provider of Army Rotary Wing maintenance services, base support services for maintenance, transportation, and supply.
We distinguish ourselves by responsiveness and ability to surge manning, exceed customer performance metrics, through solid, dependable contract performance
Our markets and customers are all military services, Other Government Agencies (OGA) and select foreign governments.
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply. We maintain a drug-free Tobacco-free work place and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
L-3 Logistics Solutions (Vertex) has been a part of the Madison and Ridgeland, Mississippi community since moving its headquarters here in 1989. Located just a few miles north of Jackson, South Madison County is one of the fastest growing counties in Mississippi, yet remains a small, friendly community full of rich history and looking forward to a bright future. Madison is sister city to Solleftea, Sweden, home to Tulane University’s sub-campus, and offers the State’s top public, private, and parochial school systems. Whether it be shopping, dining, entertainment or outdoor activities, South Madison County is a desirable place to live and raise a family.
US Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 25 % of the Time
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Individual Contributor
: Jul 16, 2018, 3:28:03 PM
: Design And Programming