7 months ago
The Analytics Leader has deep technical knowledge of operations research optimization models, simulation models, and core data science/data engineering skillset. This position requires excellent organizational and communication skills. The role supports the delivery of decision support applications based on optimization models and data science.
* Design, develop and implement optimization products
* Define and execute the optimization product roadmap
* Build complex data sets from multiple data sources, both internally and externally.
* Partner with Information Technology to optimize and enhance the database environment for optimal efficiency and best practices
* Provide technical leadership to the Delta's business units
* Leverage emerging technologies and identify efficient and meaningful ways to disseminate data and analysis in order to satisfy the business' needs
* Mentor junior members in technical proficiency and business acumen
* Lead and manage complex process improvement and project management engagements for both individual business units and cross-divisional initiatives.
* Interface with business unit leaders to develop and maintain internal customer relationships
* Practices safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being
* Bachelor's degree in Operation Research, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics and a minimum of 5 years relevant analytical/project management/decision science work experience required; Master's degree preferred plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant decision science experience required.
* Proficiency in multiple optimization methods (LP, QWP, QCP, MILP, MIQP, etc.)
* Proficiency in commercial optimization solvers (Gurobi, Cplex, GLPK, etc.)
* Proficiency in working with relational databases and query authoring (SQL)
* Proficiency in Python, Bash script or other basic functional programming tools
* Working knowledge of statistical/machine learning tools (e.g. SAS,R, TensorFlow) preferred
* Working knowledge of Git preferred
* Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
* Strong project management, organizational, and prioritizations skills
* Must be able to interact and collaborate at all levels within Operations Analysis & Performance, OCC, cross-divisional working groups, and outside entities
* Must be performing satisfactorily in present position