4 months ago
Location: DFW Hangar (DFW-HGR3)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 26444
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This position is located at our Technical Operations Center (TOC) near the American Airlines headquarters.
This job is a member of the Technical Operations Team within the Integrated Operations Division. This position will be responsible for analyzing and managing the fleet maintenance programs to ensure currency with all mandated requirements. In addition, this job analyzes and reviews programs to minimize costs while maximizing efficiency and operational reliability.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
* Develops programs changes in compliance with FAA regulatory and company requirements.
* Initiates revisions to aircraft maintenance programs task cards and updates to OEM manuals.
* Interpret MPD and MRB documents and revisions as applicable to authoring jobs or manuals.
* Develops maintenance program work scopes for aircraft acquisitions and bridging processes as required.
* Maintains metrics designed to measure the progress and effectiveness of initiatives insuring industry best practices are implemented as required.
* Coordinate and communicate with various Technical Operations departments to insure Maintenance Program department policies are in compliance to company and FAA regulatory requirements.
* Performs other duties as directed by Maintenance Programs management including traveling to locations where maintenance is performed.
* Ensures projects are on track and provides regular updates on commitments made to internal customers
* Maintains currency on all issues/projects related to Maintenance Programs (MXP) systems on assigned fleets
* Supports MXP supervisors and specialists, as needed, to implement program escalations and optimizations
* Analyzes and supports development of maintenance programs for new fleet inductions
* Evaluates large data sets to develop trends for monitoring or changing established processes
* Interfaces with multiple computer programs or software to manage daily work and task execution
* Other responsibilities as needed
* Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience/training (may include A&P license or military service)
* Outstanding project management and analytical thinking capabilities, with ability to prepare cost/benefit analyses
* Proficient with Microsoft Office software including Excel and Word
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and shift priorities, as necessary, in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
* Good interpersonal and teamwork qualities.
* Experience in basic SQL queries
* Ability to problem solve and create new solutions migrating data from different sources.
* Willingness and ability to learn different software systems and understand how they all fit together.
* 3 years experience within airline maintenance programs or related field
* Knowledge of airline maintenance programs, policies, and procedures; airworthiness directives; Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs); Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) policies; and Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs); data necessary to substantiate program escalations and optimization; original equipment manufacturer documentation
* Aviation experience
* Experience with Tableau, Alteryx, and SharePoint design preferred.
* Knowledge of SGML and XML structured data preferred.
* Working knowledge with TIFF, JPG, CGM and/or Raster graphic formats.
* Aircraft authoring software experience preferred.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 26444
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Developer, SQL, Database, XML, Technology, Aviation