4 months ago
The Analyst, Economic Benefits & Connectivity is accountable for the production and delivery of a suite of Benefits of Air Transport reports, refreshing existing reports and expanding the geographic coverage, in particular in Africa and the Middle East.
The Analyst is also accountable for the dissemination of IATA country analysis including benefits of air transport, connectivity and regulatory competitiveness through an integrated web-platform.
* Reports directly to the Head of Policy Analysis, Economics in the Department but also works closely with the External Affairs department;
* Is responsible for supervising and working with the external consultant; working with IATA regional and country offices to manage data-gathering for inputs to the Benefits of Air Transport reports;
* Is responsible for working with IATA's IT department, and any external vendors if required, to develop a web-platform for dissemination of Economic Benefits, Connectivity and Competitiveness analysis;
* Supports the Head of Policy in production of a Global Air Connectivity Report;
* Supports the Head of Policy Analysis in internal and external stakeholder management.
Qualifications and Skills
* A university degree, ideally in business, economics, computer science or a related discipline;
* Good knowledge of IATA or the aviation industry is desirable;
* Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail - familiarity with aviation industry databases is desirable;
* Strong IT skills - prior experience of website or mobile application development is desirable;
* Project management skills and experience of managing external consultants is desirable.
* Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision;
* Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize, work under pressure and meet deadlines;
* Ability to work internationally and cross culturally with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong communication (written and orally), including excellent data presentation skills;
Candidates must possess and exhibit IATA values.
At the heart of IATA are our Values and Behaviors. We all have different personalities, styles and areas of expertise, but you’ll recognize us by the consistent way we act and behave in line with our Values and Behaviors. We are looking for people who bring them to life in everything they do – they are:
* Act with integrity and uphold our standards
* Think strategically in support of the global big picture
* Partner and manage to create high performing teams
* Putting people first by acting with a simple human touch
Here at IATA we are proud of being a Diverse & Inclusive Organization – we have people from all over the world working in our offices, and we extend this to our recruiting practices. We are a meritocratic organization and an equal opportunity employer.