11 months ago
Keyword: Analyst, Manufacturing/Production Planning/Industrial Engineering/Methods & Standards
Request Number: OPS
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Longueuil (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 4101-Metrology & Automation Technologies
Sector: MED - Tooling
Posting Start Date: 2018-06-20
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: Area of Expertise:
Performance of skilled manufacturing operations such as production machining, assembly/test, inspection, electrical/electronics or construction. Planning and allocation of resources, materials and scheduling of equipment for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel. Establish physical layout of machinery and most efficient sequence of operations and work flow.
Level of Responsibility:
· Responsible for small projects or multiple tasks within functional discipline.
· Makes significant contribution to their team by applying their knowledge of the discipline.
· Works with moderate guidance on projects with short-term focus.
· Has a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the discipline and role—continuing to develop specialized knowledge.
Specific responsibilities of position: The person should be able to:
- Expert in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Support suppliers and customers for metrology issue.
- Contact person between engineering and operations.
- Knowledgeable of CNC controllers and CMM machines.
- Aware of the latest technologies available on the market.
- Able to lead investigations.
- Ease to explain complex situations.
Qualifications required: · College degree with 5 to 10 years experience
· Bachelor degree with 2 to 5 years experience
Field of studies: Manufacturing Engineering, Mathematics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Engineering, Industrial Maintenance, Machining
Additional Information: - 30% of travel
- Could have to work outside of normal business hours.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.