11 months ago
Keyword: Analyst, Manufacturing/Production Planning/Industrial Engineering/Methods & Standards
Request Number: OPS
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Longueuil (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 4504- Technical Support
Sector: Engine Centre
Posting Start Date: 2018-06-21
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: Area of Expertise:
Performance of skilled manufacturing operations such as production machining, assembly/test, inspection, electrical/electronics or construction. Planning and allocation of resources, materials and scheduling of equipment for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel. Establish physical layout of machinery and most efficient sequence of operations and work flow.
Level of Responsibility:
· Responsible for small projects or multiple tasks within functional discipline.
· Makes significant contribution to their team by applying their knowledge of the discipline.
· Works with moderate guidance on projects with short-term focus.
· Has a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the discipline and role—continuing to develop specialized knowledge.
Specific responsibilities of position: - Plans, writes and develops instructions using eCATES.
- Defines the assembly process, tooling and test equipment necessary to assemble modules and engines conforming to P&WC quality and engineering standards.
- Interprets complex drawings, documents and engineering specifications.
- Maintains a close relationship with engineering in regards to test instructions creation.
- Incorporates Red flags and engineering changes.
- Supports production in the improvement of assembly procedures and production readiness.
- Supports production in the maintenance and improvement of test instructions.
- First point of contact for the creation of temporary assembly and test procedures during an investigation.
- Leads or participates in a quality clinic to assure the maintenance of ACE key performance indicators.
Qualifications required: · College degree with 5 to 10 years experience
· Bachelor degree with 2 to 5 years experience
Field of studies: Additional Information: - May be required to cover on second shift and week-end. May require occasional travelling
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.