4 months ago
ALIS Systems Administrator
Specific Job Description
The System Administrator is responsible for providing the overall on-site maintenance and support of the system. The System Administrator serves as the primary point of contact for any questions or concerns raised by users.
Administrative responsibilities include updating systems and software consistent with the Patch Management Plan, performing backup and recovery, and monitoring system performance. In case of a security incident, the System Administrator assists Security in investigating the incident, assessing system impacts, and restoring the system to normal operation.
System Administrator will perform duties to include the following: Backup/Restore/Disaster Recovery, Hardware/System Monitoring, System/Software/User Maintenance.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Rotary and Mission Systems Logistics and Training (RMS LT) entity provides a diverse range of products, services and capabilities. The Training product line ranges between CBT (Computer-based-training) through to high-fidelity, full-mission simulators for military and civilian domains. The logistic product range includes aircraft ground support equipment, automatic test equipment, health and usage monitoring systems and logistic support software. RMS LT is one of the smaller but growing divisions of Lockheed Martin.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Must be capable of obtaining a UK Developed Vetting Security Clearance
* Certified in Security+
* Demonstrated system administration skills, to include:
* Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Storage Area
* Network (SAN), logical unit number (LUN) and host bus adapter (HBA) Hardware
Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Internet
* Protocol (IP) Switch Fabric architecture (Routing, Fail Over, etc)
* Working knowledge of Networked Attached Storage (NAS) and supported protocols
* Engineering skills required for maintaining Enterprise Server Racks
* Strong Working knowledge of SSL/VPN security architecture with integration into multi-layered Firewall architecture
* Ability to work with EMC storage configuration tools (Navisphere, Visual SAN, Fabric Manager)
* Performing System Virtual Volume Imaging and Recovery, Disk to Disk/DR and Disk to Tape
* Understanding of Network Open System Interconnection (OSI) Model Layers.
* Backups of Physical servers (Windows 2012 OS), virtual machines, ESX server
* Hardware/System Monitoring of physical and virtual servers
* System Maintenance - scheduled upgrades/maintenance, startup and shutdown of rack components
* Software Maintenance – applying OS updates, antivirus/antispyware updates, and patch updates
* User Account Maintenance (Active Directory)
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for Base Leadership (e.g. Officers and management)
* Proficiency in all MS Office applications
* Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 hardware and software
* COTS/developed software skills
* Software Engineering background and experience
* Integration & Test experience
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.