8 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Want to be part of a finance team where every day is unique and exciting? Are you ready to analyze a diverse set of products that really make a difference? If so, then UTC Aerospace Systems is the place for you! By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to support thousands of aerospace, defense and space systems across more than 150 sites in 26 countries. Additionally, as UTC Aerospace Systems is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation (Fortune 50), it operates as its own business with its own reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. If you want to advance your career while contributing to a mission that truly makes a difference to modern flight and space advancements, then this team is right for you!
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop* the next generation of more intelligent,
more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
*develop --- if engineering, product support, production, operations, etc.
*support the development of --- if business development, finance, HR, etc.
AIS is a site within the SAIS segment. SAIS is a leading provider of cutting-edge sensors and sensor-based systems for the commercial and military aerospace and defense industries including protection systems, fuel measurement and management systems, guidance navigation and control systems, and health and usage management systems.
AIS is headquartered in Cheshire CT. The position will report to the FP&A Manager of AIS and will be located in Cheshire, CT.
* Support forecasting, planning, and financial reporting for Atlantic Inertial Systems (AIS), an $80M global supplier of inertial measurement and navigation sub-systems, located in Cheshire, CT.
* Responsible for internal management reporting, monthly forecasting and annual plan processes, as well as ad hoc financial analyses as needed.
* Prepare consolidated financial monthly results, monthly forecast and profit assurance outlook to Cheshire AIS and Simmonds & Atlantic Inertial Systems (SAIS) senior leadership
* Support the annual financial plan process and prepare financial analyses for the long-term strategic plan
* Support consolidations and quarter-end financial reporting for SEC external reporting
* Provide key drivers for income statement and cash flow performance
* Analyze financial forecasts for risks/opportunities
* Support internal reporting requirements including non-product spend budgets and product/program P&L analysis
* Collaborate with finance associates across the company to improve financial analysis capabilities
* Excel at working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
* Prepare monthly forecasts and annual plan for AIS.
* Perform ongoing assessment of EBIT assurance, support AIS management in execution of plans/initiatives to ensure that financial targets are met.
* Support coordination with AIS functional managers (Manufacturing, Engineering, Business Development, Program Management and Supply Chain) to ensure accurate forecasting and provide timely decision making data.
* Publish internal and external management reporting deliverables.
* Liaison between AIS and SAIS FP&A.
* Support AIS and SAIS management with presentations and special projects.
* Utilize ACE tools to drive process improvements and develop standard work.
* Candidate should have strong analytical skills, demonstrated organizational skills, examples of effective teamwork, a track record of consistently meeting deadlines and due dates and demonstrated ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations.
* Experience with HFM, Hyperion Essbase, SAP, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
* BA/BS degree w/3–5+ years experience
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.