The Bermuda Civil Aviation Authority (BCAA) is seeking an Airworthiness Inspector effective immediately. Reporting to the Senior Airworthiness Inspector, the Airworthiness Inspector is responsible for examining, investigating, reviewing and assessing all airworthiness information to ensure that internationally recognized standards of airworthiness and engineering are achieved by airlines, operators, approved companies, private owners and licensed aircraft engineers for all aircraft on, or desiring acceptance on, the Bermuda Register of Aircraft. Duties & Responsibilities:
• Surveys, inspects and evaluates aircraft and records to recommend the issuance or suspension of Certificates of Airworthiness, Permits to Fly and Export Certificates
• Investigates, inspects and approves organizations seeking approval under the provision of the Air Navigation (Overseas Territories) Order and the associated implementation of relevant airworthiness requirements
• Investigates and approves Aircraft Manufacturing Organizations, Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance Organizations, Flight Lines and Private Individuals to ensure that established safety standards are implemented and maintained on Bermuda registered aircraft and approved organizations
• Reviews, evaluates and reports on Mandatory Occurrence Reports, Accidents and Incidents
• Reviews, evaluates and approves OTAR Part 145 Maintenance Organization Exposition, MOE Supplement and OTAR Part 39 Maintenance Control Manual
• Provides assessment and examination of applicants seeking the issue, renewal, variation or revalidation of Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s License
• Manages a portfolio of clients which entails effective support and regular communication
Qualifications: Interested candidates must possess a BSSC or equivalent and an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s License issued by EASA, FAA or TCCA or issued by a country acceptable to the employer. The post requires a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience as a licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, preferably including administration in a technical aviation or senior management role. This experience must include performing the duties and functions of an Airworthiness Inspector with an internationally recognized National Aviation Authority or a combination of similar experience acceptable to the employer.
Interested candidates should apply in writing and include a detailed resume and three (3) professional references.