As a part of Cobham Special Mission we're currently recruiting for a Airworthiness Engineer (CAMO). Reporting to the Chief Airworthiness Engineer the role is a key part of the Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation (CAMO). The Type Support Engineer is responsible for supporting the fleet airframe, engines, systems, structural repairs, integrity, reliability, defect analysis, and the oversight, guidance and support of the aircraft maintenance programme/policy, for which the CAMO has Continuing Airworthiness responsibility.
This is to ensure compliance with company, manufacturers and regulatory requirements and the continued safe operation of the fleet. Included in the role will be effective communication/liaison with the Manufacturers and Maintenance Organisations/Suppliers and Regulators. A proactive approach will be required to support fleet issues/problems occurring in the field/operation in order to ensure safe and compliant operations and minimise aircraft downtime. This role is based at Bournemouth International Airport, Christchurch, Dorset.
As an Airworthiness Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include
- Previous experience within an aircraft / engine maintenance organisation
- Previous experience within an aircraft engineering organisation to Licensed Engineer level or equivalent Aviation Based Professional Engineering Qualifications
- Development of aircraft maintenance programmes
- Development of aircraft reliability programmes
- Company authorisation issued by an approved EASA part 145 maintenance organisation or CAMO Form 4 postholder is desirable but not essential
- Sound knowledge of the aviation industry and its safety and compliance requirements
- Sound and proven knowledge of airframes, engines and systems
- Ability to liaise at a senior level within an Airline / AOC operation
- Ability to communicate with aviation regulators at a senior level
- Education to Aviation based Tertiary level or proven Industry Experience related to Aircraft Maintenance and /or Engine heavy maintenance
- Aviation Tertiary Qualifications / Supervisory Licensed Aircraft Engineer or Authorised Workshop Certifying Engineer
- Training by a recognised provider in EASA Part M and Part 145
As an Airworthiness Engineer your responsibilities will include
- Managing issues and queries related to the fleet airframe, engines and components
- Managing the fleet reliability programme
- Liaising with airworthiness authorities, customers, operators, maintenance organisations, type certificate holders (TCHs) and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
- Assisting with safety and technical investigations and compiling technical reports, fleet campaign directives and local maintenance instructions
- Supporting the issue of Airworthiness Review Certificates (ARC) as required.
- The development of maintenance programmes and ensuring that these meet Company, manufacturers' and regulatory requirements
- Assessing incoming airworthiness directives, service bulletins, maintenance manuals, modifications and proposing implementation plan
- Supporting Engine Trend Monitoring programmes required by the Company, OEM or contract.
- Providing asset maintenance work scopes as required
- Manage quality audit findings, as delegated, and ensure their timely closure.
- Assisting Technical Records with queries and guidance on airworthiness requirements
- Any other duties that are reasonably requested by management within the capability of the incumbent.
About Cobham Aviation Services
Cobham Special Mission, which is part of Cobham Aviation Services, provides customers with integrated services for airborne special mission operations. Its capabilities include aerial surveillance, operational readiness training, aircraft modification and integration, search and rescue, and environment surveillance and response.
Cobham Special Mission uses highly customised aircraft to conduct border protection and surveillance operations in Australia and the UK, as well as providing operational readiness training through electronic warfare training for the UK Ministry of Defence. It's also a leading supplier of flight inspection services.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page