12 months ago
Airport Retail Manager
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
5 months ago(08/10/2018 15:16)
Number of Openings
Job Post Information* : External Company Name
Dublin Airport Authority
Job Post Information* : External Company URL
Permanent Full Time
We are currently recruiting for two permanent Airport Retail Manager roles.
The main purpose of the position is to lead and motivate the team on any given shift across all categories/departments to maximise sales for the direct retail business for ARI in Dublin Airport. You will be accountable for a terminal wide approach to ensure that the retail operations team performs to the highest level both in terms of customer service and in terms of driving Sales and PAS on a shift basis.
* 5 years relevant retail management experience
* Higher level qualification in front line management/supervisory skills desirable
* Strong people management skills
* Proven ability to build strong working relationships, influence stakeholders and communicate effectively
* Strong analytical skills and proven track record in delivering results
* Excellent working knowledge of MS Office
* Committed to ARI Values & ARI Way
Be fully accountable for performance on a shift basis- take a helicopter view of shop operations while leading the team through visible presence on shop floor including satellite units
Ensure each Retail Department Manager and Retail Team Lead have a clear understanding of their objectives, both in terms of sales and people management both on a shift basis and via the formal PM process
Be a motivating presence on the floor, driving engagement of all staff via structured initiatives
Embed continuous improvement ethos and be active in creating, reviewing and implementing change to improve efficiency and processes.
Act as key support and escalation point for Retail Department Managers and Retail Team Leads as necessary with relevant stakeholders
Ensure that all targets and priorities are communicated to all teams at start of shift via Retail Department Managers and Retail Team Leads and get feedback on progress versus same throughout the shift
Delegate all operational tasks through Department managers as appropriate to ensure effective execution
Support the Airport Retail Managers wider team by implementing clear handovers at start/end of shift using the handover document.
Ensure each Retail Team Lead has understanding and is commercially aware of their Business Unit
* Achieve sales versus budget and maximise sales versus last year across departments by focussing on PAS (Passenger Average Spend) as a key metric through Shift Excellence.
* Use the Real Time Shift tool to monitor sales via the Retail Department Managers and Retail Team Leads and get feedback on progress versus same throughout the shift
* Protect profit of the business by actively managing stock loss results to be under 1% COGS
* Instil exceptional customer service using Mystery Shopping results as a key lever to coach/motivate or recognise as appropriate.
* Monitor and manage absence with Retail Department Managers and Retail Team Leads as per policy
* Ensure the highest shop floor standards are maintained at all times across the shift through completion of full floor walk on a shift using 5S audit and VM guidelines as tools to achieve best practice
* Ensure delivery of compliance with all regulatory and security policies and procedures e.g. cash, ICAO, cycle counts, staff searches
Maximise PAS to meet and exceed budgets on a weekly monthly and annual basis
Maximise profit by ensuring On Shelf Availability is no less than 97% on relevant resolution codes
Identify and communicate commercial opportunities where possible via key stakeholders
Embed a ‘customer before task’ ethos by motivating and coaching Retail Department Managers and Retail Team Leads using ARI Selling Skills as the lever through Shift Excellence
Monitor Customer Satisfaction survey results in relation to service with the Retail Department Managers and Retail Team Leads and take swift action to improve results versus targets
Ensures via the relevant RDM’s that supervising and staffing levels are correct to meet the demands of the business Communicate data regarding local market and competition to sales teams to maximise sales
Execute all marketing initiatives and work closely with the marketing and visual team to deliver the highest standards with clear customer messaging and POS prior to promotion
Work closely with all other Retail Department Managers and the Retail Operations Managers to ensure high performance across the entire operation
Ensure communication channels are open between Retail Department Managers/Retail Team Leads and Central Support functions e.g. Buying and Order Desk. Act as the escalation point.
Invests in People
Assist to recruit, coach and retain a high calibre of Retail Department Managers/Retail Team Leads who are people and sales focused
Set and review key objectives for Department Managers which are aligned with ARI strategy
Actively manage the performance of Retail Department Managers and Retail Team Leads through regular reviews and performance log/PDR process
Ensure that Retail Team Leads adhere to the PDR process for their direct reports
Actively drive communications and engagement initiatives that provide leadership and promote a positive culture that is people centric
To carry out any other exceptional duties as determined by the business from time to time.