7 months ago
Position: Airport Manager
Qualification: Graduate / Post Graduate / Aviation Course
Age: 30 - 35 Years
Experience From: 10 Years - 0 Months
Experience To: 14 Years - 0 Months
Key Requirement for the Position Assigned to handle responsibilities of airports operation, follow up work progress, performance and discipline at the stations, and take necessary actions to avoid occurrence of any flaws in safety and security within the department, in addition to updating RM and GM Airport Services of any remarks or difficulties
Job Description 1. Functional and administration head of the airport and cargo operations at the respective airport.
2. Improvement of station management as well as levels of safety and security with team work.
3. Monitor airport activities to obtain maximum safety, punctuality and efficient handling of aircraft, passengers, cargo and ramp services according to customer’s needs and handling contracts.
4. Maintain and update passenger, ramp and cargo policies and procedures manuals and assure that it complies with the international airline industry standards.
5. Assure effective delegation of tasks and responsibilities to the Marketing, Ramp, Cargo Services and GSE section heads and their subordinates.
6. Liaise with relevant regulatory authorities, other airlines and other operationally relevant external parties.
7. Responsible for the management of the station with compliance with: i) Government/ external applicable authorities’ standards; ii) Go Airlines standards
8. Ensure strict cost-consciousness and safeguarding of company assets, and ensure the proper maintenance and use of equipment and vehicles.
9. Ensure to convey the changes/ amendments in the policies/ procedures that affect operational responsibilities, performance of operational functions to respective front line personnel by e-mail / office memos/ circulars.
10. Ensure that operational personnel who perform station ground handling functions are physically and mentally fit for duty and ensures that no operations personnel performs duty under any kind of influence of alcohol/ psychoactive substances.
11. Make a report of such cases to HR department with regards to point no 10 for strict action as per company policies.
12. Assure continuous station readiness and effective response to emergency situations.
13. Administer operational requirements of equipment and safety procedures pertaining to cargo handling.
14. Recommend and execute operational plans and programs both short and long range to ensure business growth and quality services expansion of the company.
15. Ensure company’s rules and regulations are understood and strictly adhered to at all times.
16. Prepare and obtain agreement to annual financial budget and annual operational plan for all business areas in the station, detailing capital expenditure, annual income, expenditure budgets and operational requirements.
17. Recruit, develop and lead a ground operations team at the station to achieve or exceed planned performance using budgeted resources.
18. Maintain constructive relationships with other entities/organizations at the airport to ensure seamless operations.
19. Maintain close relations with civil aviation, airport authorities’ officials to facilitate smooth handling and improve company image.
20. Identify training needs for all staff and recommend programs for manpower development.
21. Ensure that the training records of the operations staff are updated and monitored on a regular basis. Identify handling needs with other departments as appropriate, and contribute to the formation of handling development plans in line with Company’s plans and priorities.
23. Responsible for exercising due diligence towards Health & Safety of self & others in the organization as well as environmental protection issues of station as per the Go Airlines standards.
24. Responsible for Safety & Quality of the function / Task performed.
25. Reporting occurrences, events, violations and acts that may affect safety, security and company reputation, to higher management.
26. Encourages open reporting system. Maintains confidentiality of the such reports received from the employees. Addresses/ Escalates/ resolves these issues at station/ higher management level
27. Deputise RAM Airport Services administration and/ or operational function/ responsibilities as and when required.