12 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating® and also rated as Best Regional Airline in North America by Skytrax.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston, Washington (Dulles), Pittsburgh and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Manager, Stores and Inventory Control, the Stores Clerk is responsible for keeping accurate inventory records, shipping and receiving functions and performing other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performing receiving of aircraft parts using electronic inventory system
* Carrying out shipping of aircraft parts
* Carrying out Dangerous Goods Shipping as required
* Assisting Maintenance, Inventory Control and Planning by picking and issuing aircraft parts
* Returning any unused parts to inventory
* Managing the shipping of Company Material (COMAT) to/from all outstations as well as the aircraft tool control
* Loading/Offloading of freight from various means of transportation
* Handling AOG requirements after hours and weekends, including creating purchase orders and arranging logistics of the required aircraft parts
* Arranging all local pick-ups/drop-offs using courier or other approved methods
* Warehousing skids and crates using forklift and hangar racks
* Actively participating in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Other Duties as assigned
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.â€‹
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Must be organized and detail orientated
* Must be able to work unsupervised
* Must have a valid Class G driver's license with a clean Driver’s Abstract
* Dependability (must have a clear attendance record and reliable on-time reporting)
* Must be able to lift minimum of 50lbs
* High school diploma or equivalent is required
* Ability to communicate and correspond clearly and precisely in English
* Able to obtain a Transport Canada Airport Restricted Area Pass
* Must be available to work rotating shifts including days, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
* Post Date February 23, 2018
* Reference ID 08-67-96