9 months ago
“Vertex Aerospace is no longer a subsidiary, affiliate or partner of L3 Technologies. The position you are applying for is with Vertex Aerospace LLC. Vertex Aerospace LLC has been providing International Aircraft Maintenance and Logistics Solutions since moving its headquarters to Madison, MS in 1989.”
L-3 RASM-E is a diverse program located in Ft. Bragg, NC, Hunter AAF, Savannah, GA and Ft. Drum, NY. This position will be at our New River NC location and is part of the Maintenance Team.
We are looking for an individual that is a self-starter, organized and detail oriented. This position requires the individual to work in all weather conditions servicing, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, modifies and overhauls aircraft and aircraft systems. You may need to work weekends and holidays as the mission requires. Hours will be set by the unit. Travel will be required as the unit specifies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs routine aircraft maintenance functions.
2. Must demonstrate an operational knowledge of aircraft, aircraft systems, engines and component parts.
3. Operates aircraft towing equipment in towing operations.
4. Maintains aircraft hydraulic systems.
5. Must have knowledge of the proper use of hand tools in aircraft maintenance.
6. Must be able to read and write, and interpret and comply with aircraft maintenance procedures, manuals, specifications, and directives, guides and forms used on the job.
7. Performs preventive maintenance inspections on aircraft and aircraft systems and subsystems.
8. Performs troubleshooting, repair, modifications, corrosion control and preservation of aircraft and aircraft systems and aircraft sub-systems, including fuel, oil and pneudraulic systems. Overhauls aircraft components and sub-components.
9. Services ground support equipment. Performs preventive maintenance inspections on all ground support equipment. Performs functional checks, inspections, troubleshooting as required and trained.
10. Completes maintenance documentation accurately using OOMA, and required forms, as required by job assignment.
11. Must show proficiency in the use of OOMA within 90 days after assignment
12. Effectively task and direct subordinate personnel through daily assignment of tasks.
13. Develop and execute maintenance plans to ensure meeting of aircraft Turn-Around-Time (TAT)
14. Maintain aircraft RESET Team Leader Stations and Logbooks for documentation of all compliance of required inspections and maintenance required and completed.
15. Inspect and maintain GFE, as well as, conduct periodic inventory of all assigned equipment
16. Effectively report status of aircraft through written and verbal communication
17. Manage aircraft parts requisition through request, review and approve Critical Items List, distribution, and turn-in.
18. Report violations of Work Rules, Policies and Procedures to appropriate level.
19. Responsible for complying with most recent L-3 policies and procedures.
20. Operates motor vehicles, machines and special purpose equipment as required by the job assignment.
21. Performs PMCS and inspection documentation on vehicles, tools and equipment. Performs housekeeping duties in work and common areas.
22. Ensures that tools and equipment used by the employee in the classification are properly calibrated.
23. Uses most current approved methods and publications in the performance of the assigned job.
24. Performs the duties of lower classified employees within the line of progression when assigned.
25. Completes and maintains records and reports as required by job assignment.
26. Demonstrates job procedures and assists in the on-the-job training (OJT) of employees within the classification as required.
27. Handles and disposes of hazardous materials related to job assignment in accordance with RASM-E and OSHA policies and procedures.
28. Performs duties using automated equipment and software utilized in the functional assignment. Ability to perform Optimized Naval Aviation Logistic Management Information System (OOMA) functions for aviation maintenance performed.
29. When assigned to the flight line, provide customer support during launch and recovery and aircraft security as required.
30. Responsible for complying with corporate and installation physical security requirements.
31. Comply with all OSHA and Safety standards.
32. Responsible for daily entry of individual hours worked in company timekeeping system.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Makes appropriate logbook entries and documents own work accomplished.
2. Performs aircraft functional checks.
3. Performs related record maintenance including: completing appropriate log book forms, condition tags and parts requests in accordance with technical publications, Company procedures manuals and other written and oral directives.
4. Uses blueprints, schematics, technical drawings and manufacturers’ drawings and sketches in the performance of assigned duties.
5. May be required to perform Maintenance Operational Checks (MOCs).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school diploma or equivalent--General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
2. Aviation Structural Mechanic Core
3. Aviation Structural Mechanic Organizational Level
4. CH/MH-53E Airframes Organizational Maintenance
5. Must have 3 years’ experience on CH/ME-53E aircraft.
6. Must obtain and maintain the level of Industrial Security Clearance required by the Government. Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for Common Access Card (CAC).
Must be physically able to perform duties and responsibilities of the classification.
Must be able to work with required materials without debilitating irritation to skin, eyes or respiratory system while wearing the required personal protective equipment; must pass a pulmonary physical.
Must be able to climb ladders, stairs and portable stands and navigate these without assistance. Must be able to work at heights 70 feet above the ground. Must be able to work in extreme heat/cold.
Must be able to work in the following environmental conditions: noise, vibration, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, chemicals, odors, dust. Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, balance, push, pull, kneel, grasp, crouch, crawl, work in narrow aisles/passageways, and work in close spaces that restrict movement including aircraft fuel tanks for extended periods of time.
Must be able to stand for sustained periods of time. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as picking, pinching, typing. Must have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Must be capable of routinely performing industry standard ambidextriosities required to complete tasks. Must be able to lift/maneuver up to 50 pounds. Must be able and willing to enter and work in confined spaces, such as aircraft fuel tanks and beneath floor panels with clearances of 18” – 24”.
1. Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license when required by job assignment.
2. Must obtain and maintain the level of Industrial Security Clearance required by the Government.
3. Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for Common Access Card (CAC).
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: Public Trust
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division - ASD-20000079
: Individual Contributor
: Jun 26, 2018, 4:20:44 PM
: Installation and Maintenance