7 months ago
Job ID#: 22224BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Airframe & Powerplant Specialist/Technician
Job Category: A&P/Mechanics
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a A&P Technician to join the GA-ASI: Mission Systems division, supporting the Flight Operations team, sitting in San Diego, CA- Montgomery Field / Kearny Mesa.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
* Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for providing maintenance task assignments performed on a fleet of medium turbine powered aircraft, while providing frequent feedback to management.
* Additionally, the position requires removal and installation of surveillance equipment onto test aircraft platforms in accordance with internal documentation, verbal direction, and FAA regulations.
* Develops and writes procedures to improve work quality, training, and documentation. Assists in the development of new programs as required. Frequently interacts with inter-organizational and customer contacts.
* Enforce and oversee the implementation of company policies and procedures. Develop and provide technical training to other A&P specialists.
* Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
* Previous experience with aerospace manufacturing desired.
* Experience/training relative to LEAN manufacturing practices desired.
* Experience with installation of remote sensors into aircraft including: IR, Radar, Video Imaging, Data link, UHF/VHF NAV/COMM equipment. Troubleshoot, and resolve aircraft and sensor electrical issues, accurately and effectively.
* Inspect airframe/Powerplant components at regular intervals. Track maintenance due actions and schedule inspections as required.
* Troubleshoot and repair Powerplant issues. Troubleshoot and repair airframe issues. Order parts and maintain spares inventory for aircraft fleet. Complete aircraft documentation in accordance with established company procedures, and FAA Rules and Regulations.
* Independently troubleshoot and repair aircraft and/or engines and propulsion components when necessary. May inspect, test, maintain and operate ground support equipment. Perform launch and recovery tasks of aircraft including inspections, operational checks, weight and balance calculations and documentation.
* Assist in the development, verification, and review of procedures, drawings, and/or other technical documentation. Requires limited travel (deployment), not to exceed 60 days/year.
* Must possess strong leadership qualities. Experience with maintaining, and servicing of King Air 200 and 300 series aircraft is a plus.
* Must have A&P License.
* Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
* Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established company policies, and operating procedures.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
* Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and seven or more years of aircraft mechanical maintenance experience, including three or more years of product related mechanical knowledge.
* FAA Airframe and Powerplant License IS required.
* May require CONUS travel: 5%
* Must demonstrate sound decision making skills and the ability to anticipate work related constraints and resolve issues independently.
* Must be self-directed in identifying work assignments and be able to solicit input and guidance from supervisors and managers for technical expertise.
* Must possess: (1) extensive knowledge of the job with a broad understanding of detailed aspects of the job and the product; (2) knowledge of relevant computer applications and operations; (3) strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and military and civilian customers; and (4) excellent leadership, organization, and planning skills.
* The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance IS required.
* Must be able to work both independently and on a team and be able to work extended hours as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Level Secret