6 months ago
Airfield Project Manager
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
1 month ago(10/12/2018 10:33)
Number of Openings
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Airfield Project Manager, reporting to the Airfield Programme Manager. This opportunity involves the management of airfield and engineering infrastructural projects at Dublin and Cork Airports by collating briefs, managing / supervising consultants and contractors, coordinating with in-house design teams, developing procurement strategies and managing the procurement process whilst attending / chairing meetings and preparing timely reports.
There may be a requirement to undertake a Site Project Manager Role on construction projects from time to time.
This role is a being offered on a 3 year fixed term contract basis.
* University degree in Civil Engineering.
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in project managing civil engineering projects.
* Experience in managing airfield construction projects at international airports and knowledge of International Aviation Design Standards (e.g. ICAO and EASA standards) is desirable.
* Experience in managing multi discipline projects and an understanding and appreciation of the interfacing of all disciplines.
* Knowledge of civil engineering, procurement, construction and other project related activities.
* Well-developed written and oral communication / negotiation skills.
* Proficiency in Word, Excel and Microsoft Project.
* Experience in the use CAD is desirable but not essential.
* Commercial awareness and a keen business acumen.
* Clean driving license is essential as there will be a requirement to drive airside – training will be provided.
* Committed to daa values
* Project management of airfield and engineering construction projects through the planning, design, procurement, construction, commissioning and handover stages.
* Delivery of projects in accordance with timelines, quality, and cost objective as set out by daa and in compliance with best in class governance and controls procedures as defined within amd’s programme / project execution system.
* Collating a brief from the client (generally Asset Care, Commercial or Operations Departments) and managing the project to meet the client’s objectives and expectations.
* Agreeing construction phasing plans including project constraints and restrictions with Operations Department in order to maximise construction output while minimising disruption to operations.
* Maintaining and managing communications with key stakeholders and keeping them up to date on project progress. Stakeholders include daa (Asset Care, Operations, HSSE and Security Departments), IAA (including ATC), Airlines, Ground Handlers and Fuel Companies. Chairing and preparation of minutes of all stakeholder meetings.
* Assisting the client in the preparation of Capex Approval cases.
* Supervising the development and production of budgets and schedules, monitoring progress and initiating action to ensure schedules are met and work is delivered within budget.
* Developing the procurement strategy for each project, under the guidance and direction of the Airfield Programme Manager.
* Liaising with the Design Leads to ensure the design is progressing in line with the client’s brief, programme and the agreed budget, and ensuring the asset life cycle has been agreed with the Asset Care Manager and Asset Owner.
* Actively promoting a positive safety culture in the team and on site.
* Establishing and agreeing KPI’s to measure contract performance.
* Management of project risk and ensuring that risk registers are maintained and updated.
* Ensuring that all project control documentation e.g. Project Execution Plans (PEPs), Risk Registers etc are in place and kept up to date.
* Undertaking the role of the Site Project Manager (SPM) including managing the construction quality of airfield construction projects through the construction, commissioning and handover stages including the implementation of appropriate quality control measures.