3 months ago
Aircraft Worker - Lemoore, CA
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Aircraft Worker - Lemoore, CA
The Plane Captain provides line services in support of scheduled flight operations, including inspection, servicing, cleaning, launching and recovery of aircraft. Will be required to operate self-propelled ground equipment during daily routine. Limited use of hand tools which normally include screwdrivers, flashlights and tools necessary to assist with engine rinses and aircraft washes.
* Launch and recover aircraft in accordance with specific guidelines during day and night hours.
* Perform aircraft inspections in accordance with published criteria.
* Perform fueling operations using gravity fill and closed circuit refueling methods.
* Service engine oil and hydraulic systems as required.
* Act as a member of an aircraft moving crew when directed.
* Perform aircraft washing and lubrication when assigned.
* Act as a member of the engine rinse team when directed.
* Be familiar with and operate portable firefighting equipment.
* Use provided safety equipment when working with hazardous materials.
* Maintain cleanliness of the work center and around assigned work area.
* Responsible for adhering to all applicable Foreign Object Damage (FOD) prevention rules and regulations.
* Responsible for the adhering to the Company Tool Control Program.
* Must comply with established General and Industrial Safety Rules and Regulations as applicable to the contract, facilities and job assignment.
* Maintain appropriate records of all work accomplished.
* May be required to perform off-site service on assigned detachments.
* May be required to perform simple computer input functions.
* Pursuant to the specific provisions of the CBA, at the discretion of management, may be requested to perform the duties of Lead.
* Assist when directed to ensure safety, security and preservation of Government owned and Company owned equipment.
* Perform other reasonably related incidental duties when directed within the job classification.
Knowledge & Skills
* Thorough knowledge of applicable safety and maintenance manuals.
* Thorough working knowledge of aircraft flight line operations, aircraft handling, servicing, marshaling, common hand tools and normal operational safety requirements of the aircraft.
* Must be able to read, write, understand, and communicate the English language and follow verbal and written instruction.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance and flight-line driver’s license, if required.
Experience & Education
* Two (2) or more years’ experience in aviation maintenance and / or flight line operations.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Must complete training program and be certified in writing as a plane captain.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Posted 30+ Days Ago
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
AC Mech 1-Armament Systems | US-CA-Lemoore
AC Mech 1-Corrosion Control-7 | US-CA-Lemoore