about 1 month ago
* 19-Jul-2019 to 19-Aug-2019 (CST)
* TSGI - FRCNI
* San Diego, CA, USA
* Full Time
Competitive Benefit Package
Instrument workers perform work involved in routine repair and checkout of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, or electronic components, assemblies, and devices. Examples of components serviced are pressure and vacuum gauges, quantity and directional indicators, transducers, regulators, and synchro and gear assemblies. This position is located on a federal facility and will require a government issued clearance.
* Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and/or pneumatic principles with an understanding of the basic principles underlying electronics; and the skill to repair and maintain a variety of limited function electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic components and devices.
* Disassemble items and perform detailed visual examinations to detect worn or damaged parts such as broken wires, cracked insulation, worn gears, cracked solder joints, and defective contacts, pivots, springs, or similar deficiencies.
* Lubricate parts as required and remove dirt and corrosion with appropriate solvents.
* Skill in soldering wire connections and components and repairing wiring assemblies.
* Ability to use electrical test equipment such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, continuity testers, meggers, and test panels to test and adjust electrical quantities and perform final checks on repaired items in accordance with diagrams, instructions, and test procedures.
* Working knowledge of electronics to test items such as resistors, capacitors, transistors, potentiometers, diodes, relays, and transformers.
* Have skill in using standard measuring devices such as micrometers, dial indicators, and feeler gauges to maintain accurate dimensions and close tolerances.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Must have at least three (3) years of relevant experience.
* Aircraft Instruments Electrician (with military experience) preferred.
* Ability to read blue prints, schematics, engineering and manufacturer specifications.
* Use of various types of equipment to include volt-ohm meters, transistor testers, digital meters, oscilloscopes, bearing analyzers, phase and null meters, galvanometers, and computerized automatic test equipment
* Must be able to obtain and/or maintain a Secret Clearance.
* We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job function.
* Must be able to walk, stand, crawl, kneel and bend on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
* Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
* Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp, pull over hand, push, reach or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
* May be required to lift, handle, and carry up to 40 pounds. Sometimes required to lift and move items in excess of 50 pounds with help of weight handling equipment or with assistance from other workers.
* Must be able to see imperfections, read dials/gauges, micrometer readings, identify small objects and hand tools with or without corrective lens.
* Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
* Must be able to distinguish color, shades of color, and judge three-dimensional depth.
* May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, crane, truck, etc.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
* Work in an inside/outside environment to include working around machinery, vehicles, ladders, and other objects.
* Excessive noise and vibration that can be intermittent or constant.
* Environmental conditions can include but not limited to dust, silica, heavy metals, asbestos, fumes, smoke, gas, grease, oils, electrical energy, and solvents such as degreasing agents, isopropyl alcohol, etc.
* Work on slippery or uneven surfaces.
* Work closely with others or working alone.
* Possible protracted or irregular hours of work as needed or required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / VEVRAA /ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.