about 1 month ago
* 22-Jun-2019 to 21-Jul-2019 (CST)
* TSGI - FRCNI
* San Diego, CA, USA
* Full Time
Competitive Benefit Package
Aircraft Worker Electricians test, troubleshoot, modify, repair, and overhaul a variety of complex electrical components that have been removed from aircraft. This job is at a Depot Level repair facility performing maintenance on types of aircraft, which include, but not limited to, F/A-18, E-2/C-2, H-1, and F-35. Military aviation experience is a plus.
* Performs a variety of electrical trade functions such as testing, troubleshooting, overhauling and/or repairing of items such as generators, actuators, van-axial fans, transformer-rectifiers, supervisory controls, relaying systems, and related controls containing printed and miniaturized electronic control circuitry.
* Work from technical publications, technical drawings, schematics, layouts, or other specifications.
* Set up and operate computer-controlled automatic test equipment (ATE) to run established and new diagnostic programs in various operational and functional test modes to perform pretest or final checkout of the electrical/electronic and interrelated systems.
* Use a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing equipment.
* Repair, modify, and replace defective components using the latest techniques in basic, micro, miniature and/or micro-miniature soldering. Ability to prototype and review new overhaul and test procedures on new items being introduced into the workload.
* All work is subject to review and evaluation by a higher graded worker, supervisor, or a quality control inspector during and upon completion of work assignments for conformance to standards and specifications.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Must have at least three (3) years of relevant experience as an
* Aircraft Electrician (with military experience) preferred.
* Ability to read technical publications, schematics, engineering and manufacturer specifications.
* Use various types of equipment to include voltmeters, frequency meters, ohmmeters, meggers, oscilloscopes, inductance and capacitance testers, frequency counters, and specialized test equipment to troubleshoot malfunctions to the lowest circuit element on single or multiple layer printed circuit boards.
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Must have or be able to obtain a secret clearance.
* We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment and post offer substance abuse testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job function.
* Must be able to walk, stand, crawl, kneel and bend on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
* Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
* Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp, pull over hand, push, reach or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
* May be required to lift, handle, and carry up to 40 pounds. Sometimes required to lift and move items in excess of 50 pounds with help of weight handling equipment or with assistance from other workers.
* Must be able to see imperfections, read dials/gauges, micrometer readings, identify small objects and hand tools with or without corrective lens.
* Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
* Must be able to distinguish color, shades of color, and judge three-dimensional depth.
* May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, crane, truck, etc.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
* Work in an inside/outside environment to include working around machinery, vehicles, ladders, and other objects.
* Excessive noise and vibration that can be intermittent or constant.
* Environmental conditions can include but not limited to dust, silica, heavy metals, asbestos, fumes, smoke, gas, grease, oils, electrical energy, and solvents such as degreasing agents, isopropyl alcohol, etc.
* Work on slippery or uneven surfaces.
* Work closely with others or working alone.
* Possible protracted or irregular hours of work as needed or required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / VEVRAA /ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.