about 1 month ago
Job ID#: 25631BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Aircraft Technician
Job Category: A&P/Mechanics, Avionics/Electronics, Manufacturing, Technicians
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
* Responsibilities include aircraft assembly, maintenance, testing, repair and performs and/or assists with fabrication, modification, assembly, repair and maintenance of complex electro/mechanical actuators, landing gear and related aeronautical assemblies with limited supervision from Lead or Supervisor.
* Diagnoses and corrects failures or trouble sources in electrical/mechanical devices.
* Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude and attention to detail.
* Must be deadline sensitive and able to work effectively in a team setting.
* Must have strong skills using conventional hand tools, Calipers, micrometers, torque wrenches, and fluke meters.
* Must be able to operate some of the following machine shop equipment: grinders, band saws, presses, and drill presses.
* Aircraft Assembly could include: wiring of aircraft systems, Installation of engine support systems and airframe related systems.
* System level troubleshooting of aircraft communication systems.
* Maintenance and Repair of aircraft systems (electronics, mechanical, engines, support systems, and fuel systems).
* Performing System Isolation Fault.
* Performs manual testing of aircraft and individual assemblies.
* Will be required to perform routine shop duties as required by the shop supervisor, including but not limited to handling bulk supplies and ordering materials.
* Assist in creation of Stationized Work Instructions, etc.
* Will also be responsible for off aircraft assembly of spare components and support equipment.
* Must be able to read and understand blueprints, drawings, and engineering specifications.
* Knowledge of office personal computer operating systems is required.
* Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating practices and procedures.
* Must work extended hours when required. Other duties as assigned or requested.
* This facility operates on a 9/80 schedule.
* Typically requires Associate's degree or equivalent with two or more years of experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
* Must be able to work with common hand tools and operate laboratory equipment.
* Must have the capability to perform complex assignments with little or no direction.
* Ability and willingness to work on systems which have unusual conditions such as high pressure, high voltage, high energy, cryogens, or radioactive materials.
* Knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the field required.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Level Secret