10 months ago
STS Technical Services is offering Aircraft Sheetmetal Tech Sr jobs in Savannah, Georgia.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at.
* The Sheetmetal Technician Senior works under minimal supervision to safely lay-out, fabricate and install parts equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures.
* All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations.
* Mentor and train other Sheetmetal Technicians.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Use complicated schematics/blueprints, engineering drawings and technical instructions to safely perform sheetmetal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft. Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications
* Mentor and train Sheetmetal Technicians, as required. Review their work prior to sign off to ensure work complies with quality control standards
* Oversee projects or other technicians and assesses requirements of assigned tasks to procure required materials and documentation for assigned tasks
* Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives, sealants and solvents
* Utilizing tools as required to shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information
* Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with sheetmetal functions. Use the proper hardware for various sheetmetal applications
* Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Uses personal protective equipment as required. Ensures aircraft is protected (PTP)
* Conduct monthly 5S audits, as required
* Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work
* Assist in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
* Work closely with lead to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce cost, cycle time, and man hours
* Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.)
* Coordinate with other disciplines concerning projects
* Perform Lead responsibilities, as required
* Perform other duties as required.
* Advanced knowledge of sheetmetal or fabrication processes (forming, drilling, stamping, shaping, bending, punching, cutting, riveting, filing and dimpling)
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation
* Valid drivers license required to operate towing and other transportation equipment
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language
* Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Adapts to sudden schedule changes
* Able to use tools and equipment associated with sheetmetal work
* Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift
* Must have a good working knowledge of computers and experience working with MicroSoft Office suite
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call. .
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.