5 months ago
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics (Travel Required) in Lakehurst, New Jersey!
Fabricate, assemble, and install prototype equipment, used in research and development on the UH-60 Blackhawk.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Has the ability to fabricate and install prototype equipment used in the testing of new aircraft systems at the verbal direction of customers and engineers
* Installs parts and equipment on aircraft and makes modifications to existing airframe to accommodate installations utilizing approved data or as directed by an engineer
* Performs sheet metal production work including complex fabrication, modification, and installation on a variety of aircraft
* Must work with various thicknesses of aluminum alloys, steel, stainless steel copper, brass and other ferrous and non-ferrous metals in the fabrication of production metal parts for aircraft modifications
* Must construct, assemble and install irregular items with instruction
* Will be required to safely operate shop fabrication equipment machines
* Uses tools and equipment associated with sheet metal shop, such as basic hand tools, and forming machines, lathes, milling machines, brakes, shears, saws and drill presses
* 3-5 years’ minimum experience performing modification upgrades on the UH-60 Blackhawk.
* Former army or familiar with Army processes a huge plus
* Must be familiar with military technical manuals, technical orders, modification work orders and blueprints
* Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and rudimentary drawings
What We Offer:
STS Technical Services works with the largest names in the aviation industry, offering hundreds of career opportunities across the United States. With over two decades of experience, we soar in our commitment to excellence and professionalism. We proudly offer competitive rates, direct deposits, medical insurance, cash advances, and referral bonuses.
If you would like to speak with an Aviation Recruitment Professional directly, call. Our job placement services are always free, and we are open seven days a week. Reach out at any time! Thanks so much for your interest in working with STS Technical Services, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.