8 months ago
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics in Jacksonville, Florida!
* Must be able to name and show where all major components arc. i.e., aileron, elevator, spoiler, flaps, slats, nose landing gear, main landing gear, pylon, forward accessory compartment, main accessory compartment, radomc, center tank, thrust reverser, and aft accessory compartment
* Must be able to name and show where most major/minor structural components; i.e., keel beam, bulkhead, frames, longerons/stringers, shear ties/formers, crease beam, cusp web, skin, intercostals.
* Should be able to read and apply a reference (SRM, task card, engineering instructions, drawings and perform the work in sequence with little guidance
* Demonstrates knowledge of filling out paperwork with minimal errors; i.e., non-routines, routines, job continuation forms, EO’s, and ESR
* Proficient in filling out Parts Identification, Serviceable, Unserviceable, and Off Unit Tags
* Able to assist other in logging paperwork for inspection buyback or clocking off paperwork
* Demonstrate knowledge of the flow of filling out steps of complex jobs.
* Charge material to the correct task card per customer program
* Select and utilize the correct PPE
* Understands and lists safety precautions when it comes to alodine, primer, stripper, blending/cutting metal, C1C, etc
* Expected to think through the task and gather all required tooling and materials; i.e., material effectivity, long-term tooling, expendable or consumable material required
* Able to gather required reference material such as, but not limited to, engineering orders, airworthiness directives, and applicable service bulletins
* Maintenance Should be able to do medium difficulty layouts of repairs and accomplish the repairs with little guidance
* Understands common rivet sizes and what drill bit to use
* Understands and describes what sizes hi-locks are purchased in. i.e., nominal, 1st over, 2nd over, 3rd over
* Can describe the two common practice ways to make a cut on the fuselage skin
* Can explain the difference in Aclad and Bare aluminum
* Required to fabricate most parts as required for repairs and/or replacement
* Should be able to tcach/mentor A/C Helpers and Level 1 Mechanics with repairs
* Demonstrates basic knowledge of simple PPE required for alodine, painting, and stripping
* Performs basic GSE operations; i.e., forklift, high reach, and scissor lift operation
* Full understanding of tool control; i.c., the importance of tool control and the purpose of returning borrowed tools at the end of the shift
* Must possess more sheet metal demanding tools; i.e., reamers, angle drill, special rivet sets, draw clecos, special bucking bars
* Full understanding of the concept of the lock out tag out (IDTO) program
* A clear understanding of Flightstar’s workbooth operations including AMROS and AutoCrib functionality
* Accurately clock to task cards in order to bill customers appropriately
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call. .
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.