5 months ago
STS Technical Services now offers Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic jobs in Jacksonville, Florida!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Performs assembly and disassembly, as well as rework and repair of F/A-18 flight control surfaces; i.e. ailerons, leading and trailing edge flaps, flap shrouds, horizontal stabilators, and outer wing panels in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier and other directives
* Performs close tolerance drilling, reaming and countersinking operations to critical support structures, and fracture critical assemblies
* Perform removal and installation of close tolerance fasteners such as Hi-locks, Jo-bolts, blind bolts, Huck fasteners as well as precision bushings, anchor nuts, gang channels, and rivets
* Utilizes Repair and Assembly fixtures to remove and replace jig located structural components such as hinges, spars and ribs
* Perform corrosion removal, sealing and shimming operations of surface skins and assemblies
* Knowledge and experience with composite materials is desirable
* Prefer relevant structures repair experience on F/A-18 flight controls
* A clearance is not required at this time, but the applicant must have the ability to obtain an interim security clearance if necessary in the future
What We Offer:
STS Technical Services works with the largest names in the aviation industry, offering hundreds of career opportunities across the United States. With over two decades of experience, we soar in our commitment to excellence and professionalism. We proudly offer competitive rates, direct deposits, medical insurance, cash advances, and referral bonuses.
If you would like to speak with an Aviation Recruitment Professional directly, call. Our job placement services are always free, and we are open seven days a week. Reach out at any time! Thanks so much for your interest in working with STS Technical Services, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.