What to expect when joining us
Employment is subject to successful completion of the induction training course and subject to satisfactory references enabling you to obtain an airside pass.
Salary is £9.29 per hour.
You will work a 4 on 4 off pattern with alternate night shifts, i.e. 4 days on 4 off 4 nights on 4 off etc.
You will be provided a uniform which you will be required to wear to the company standard.
You will be entitled to holiday which will be accrued at approximately 14 hours per month and can be taken on application and subject to availability only.
Any holiday not taken will be paid at the end of the contract.
You will be paid monthly with any additional hours and deductions being applied a month in arrears.
Overtime is applicable at a rate of 1.25 times your hourly salary once you have exceeded 37.5 hrs. per week calculated over a monthly period.
You will be provided car parking at Swissport cost.
Support and deputise for the Duty Manager / Station Manager in order to manage the day to day cleaning operation at the airport for which you are responsible, ensuring that customer requirements are met and exceeded within the appropriate budget for your base. Close customer contact and management of the team to ensure that the highest standards are achieved is very important. Health and Safety policies, Ramp Awareness, Training and Operational Excellence will play a key part in this role
The list is not exhaustive and is not intended to restrict the scope of the job but clearly define a starting point and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements. Qualifications and Competencies
- Deputise for the Duty Manager / Station Manager as and when required
- Supervise the smooth running of the day to day operation at your respective airport
- Daily review of operational performance, structure and staffing levels reporting any issues to Duty Manager / Station Manager.
- Ensure regular customer contact locally ensuring all issues receive a proactive and positive approach referring to Duty Manager / Station Manager where necessary
- Liaise with Duty Manager / Station Manager on any operational delays / incidents, additional work achieved and any other detail as from time to time may be required
- Ensure relevant administration duties required by Head Office are complete
- Supervision, support and development of the staff at your base identifying training requirements and be responsible for carrying out such training as appropriate
- Ensure compliance to relevant ISO Quality Standards
- Comply with all UK / Ireland /EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all time
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years staff supervision experience
- Proven experience gained in either cleaning, aviation, ground handling or similar industry
- Good working knowledge of aviation operations and all round operational skills relevant to the location
- Good communication skills, Man Management, Customer Services skills
- Ability to stock control
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- Be physically fit enough to work in confined space (aircraft) and lift heavy weight as required
- Must meet all the security requirements to CRC /CTC levels
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- A full driving license with two years' road experience and be able to pass the relevant airport driving test
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
- Ability to speak additional languages is desired.