Employment is subject to successful completion of the induction training course and subject to satisfactory references enabling you to obtain an airside pass.
The contract will end on 3^rd November 2019.
Your contract will be 30 hours on average per week. During peak season will increase to 37 with overtime available for holiday cover.
Salary is £8.21 per hour.
You will work a rotating roster which will include early starts and late finishes as well as some night shifts. The earliest start could be 6 a.m. the latest finish could be any time post-midnight. Aircraft Cleaners will work a 5 on 3 off pattern.
Shifts will be from 4 hrs to 12 hrs. long.
Your working week will be a minimum of 30 hours per week and your roster will be issued two weeks in advance. It may be subject to change at short notice but where ever possible your planned days off will be protected.
You will be provided a uniform which you will be required to wear to the company standard.
You will be entitled to holiday which will be accrued at approximately 14 hours per month and can be taken on application and subject to availability only.
Any holiday not taken will be paid at the end of the contract.
You will be paid monthly with any additional hours and deductions being applied a month in arrears.
Overtime is applicable at a rate of 1.25 times your hourly salary once you have exceeded 37.5 hrs per week calculated over a monthly period.
You will be provided car parking at Swissport cost.
Cleaning Agents provide a variety of professional cleaning services to ensure aircraft are well presented on both the interior and exterior. This includes (but not be limited) to performing a range of interior and exterior cleaning as contacted by the airline. Other duties may include cleaning office or retail facilities and the operation of specialist ground servicing equipment.
The list is not exhaustive and is not intended to restrict the scope of the job but clearly define a starting point and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements. Qualifications and Competencies
- Clean interior areas of the aircraft cabin including the removal of blankets, vacuuming aircraft carpets, wipe down tables, walls, overhead bins, windows and remove trash from seat pockets
- Replenish seat pockets with airline materials as per customer requirements
- Clean lavatories; wash basins, surfaces, mirrors and replenish lavatory supplies
- Clean and sanitise aircraft galleys; mopping floors and wipe down of work surfaces
- Arrange seatbelts on seats, placement of headrests, pillows and blankets as required
- Clean exterior areas of the aircraft as required
- Provide security cleans/checks as required
- Provide professional cleaning for office and retail areas as required
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment which may include vans, aircraft steps, hi-lift vehicles, water/lavatory service trucks
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all time
- Other duties as assigned
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Physically fit, able to work in a manual environment
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- A full driving license
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
- Ability to speak additional languages is desired