5 months ago
Job ID#: 21965BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Aircraft Planning Documentation Specialist
Job Category: Administrative
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for maintaining all technical records including Federal Airline Regulations (FAR) requirements, industry requirements, Department of Defense (DoD) requirements and customer requests. Ensures that FAR, Airworthy Directives (ADs), Airworthy Releases (AWR), DoD and company policies are in compliance. Evaluates existing job sequencing to verify that resulting work will ensure safety consistent with government and company requirements. Participates in the development of training programs, conducts specialized technical training, and debriefs aircrew as required. Provides statistical data, fault analysis and corrective action recommendations. Evaluates technical records and inspects equipment for potential purchase.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ability to operate in, and understanding of, one of the following aviation maintenance management systems: USAF IMDS/REMIS/GO81, US ARMY ULLS-A/E-LAS/UAS-I/ACN, and Navy/Marine Corps NALCOMIS computerized maintenance logs and recordkeeping systems.
* Maintains all technical documents and records including maintenance plans, Job Control Numbers, historical documents, aircraft files, Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTOs) folders, engine records, Aviation Maintenance Action Messages (AMAM), Aviation Safety Action Messages (ASAM) and Safety of Flight (SOF) messages, configuration control and modification directives and procedures.
* Coordinates maintenance flying schedule; debriefs and schedules discrepancies.
* Coordinates aircraft maintenance; forecasts aircraft maintenance limits, tasks and inspections.
* Develops weekly schedules for home and deployment locations.
* Participates in status meetings, document reviews and scheduling programs.
* Participates in the development of procedures and work documents, training program and debriefs.
* Manages all programs for assigned aircraft
* Coordinates transfer and acceptance inspections; ensure all required checks are performed and documented. Schedules and monitors TCTOs, one-time inspections, time change items (TCIs) and special inspections. Order TCI replacements through Military Supply channels.
* Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices additional functions and other duties as assigned or required.
* Typically requires education and training equivalent to the completion of a two-year technical degree or trade school equivalency and four or more years’ experience in military or civilian aviation aircraft planning, scheduling and documentation.
Equivalent professional or military experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
* Must demonstrate an analytical method of aircraft planning, scheduling and documentation management, principles, theories and concepts.
* General knowledge of Federal Airline Regulations, Department of Defense, Airworthy Directives and Airworthy Releases.
* Ability to schedule, monitor and update plans, documents, files and schedules.
* Knowledge of industry requirements and company policy and procedure.
* Organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit.
* Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with internal and external customers, contractors and aircrew and train and debrief as required.
* The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
* General knowledge of Microsoft Office, computer operations, applications, word processing, and spreadsheets.
* The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential, as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Level Secret