8 months ago
STS Technical Services is now offering Aircraft Painter jobs in Jacksonville, Florida. To learn more, check out the following information.
Are you tired of working the same dead-end contract positions? If so, STS Technical Services offers the best aircraft maintenance jobs in Jacksonville, Florida; positions that will reward your skills with competitive compensation and benefits. When it comes to your career as an Aircraft Painter, don’t just wing it. Let STS Technical Services help you fly your career forward!
At this point in the post, you can read on, apply online or contact an STS Recruiter at.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Apply primer and finish coats, including stripping and other detail work
* Touch up primer and finish coats, including color matching and blending
* Lay out paint schemes and design templates
* Apply markings to parts and aircraft using several methods including silk screens and maskant aids
* Design templates
* Work from detailed blueprints, fabrication, assembly outlines, sketches, patterns, and written or verbal instructions to plan material requirements, the sequence of operations and fabricate to predetermined configurations
* Set up and operate such typical shop equipment as paint mixers, steam cleaner power washers, or other paint measuring equipment, stencil maker, ID printers, and other general shop equipment and tools to complete work assignments
* Provide guidance and training to new or lesser skilled paint operation personnel
* Performs work in both FOD critical and FOD sensitive environments, ensures all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and non-conformances issues
* Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as wet gauges and scales
* Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative
* Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality
* Current Security Clearance or ability to obtain a Security Clearance
* Knowledge and experience in sanding aircraft composite and metal surfaces
* Ability to work over-time and nights to meet paint schedules
* Knowledge and experience in applying NT coatings on military aircraft is highly desired
* Knowledgeable and skilled in painting processes and techniques and common shop practices
* Knowledgeable and able to interpret blueprints, sketches and written and verbal instructions
* Knowledgeable and able to apply shop math
* Knowledgeable and able to use computer systems for office and shop applications
* Skilled in listening and interpersonal participation, and able to work with others as part of a team which includes giving and receiving feedback, and assisting others in completion of tasks
* Able to meet the physical requirements to be certified by Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) to use air supplied hood system
* Able to complete and maintain all required training and certifications needed to do your job efficiently
* Specific knowledge of the process for protecting parts
* Knowledge of personal protective equipment requirements required by both painting and de-painting operations
Company Overview & Benefits:
STS Technical Services works with the largest names in the aviation industry. We offer hundreds of career opportunities throughout the United States, and with more than two decades of experience, our aviation recruiters soar in their commitment to excellence and professionalism.
We proudly offer all qualifying candidates competitive rates, direct deposits, medical insurance, cash advances and referral bonuses. Have questions? Contact us today. .