5 months ago
ZENETEX specializes in management and technology support services for a variety of federal agencies and commercial organizations.We have immediate positions for Aircraft Painter/Blaster/Coaters to support our Contractor Field Team (CFT) F-22 Aircraft program at Hill Air Force Base. These positions will require an ACTIVE DoD Secret security clearance and the ability to work 2nd and 3rd shifts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Follow government provided technical data, blueprints, engineering drawings, standard operating procedures, and manufacturing specifications in order to:
* Refinish and restore damaged AGE, airborne and aircraft components, support equipment, deployable shelters, missile components and transportation units, and other component surfaces to bring back original depth and color
* Remove and disassemble AGE, airborne, aircraft components, and support equipment in preparation for the removal and application of surface coatings.
* Perform visual inspections to determine damage and corrosion to aircraft surfaces and components
* Operate portable and stationary coating removal equipment including hand-held or robotic controlled; use mechanical hand tools, chemicals, and high pressure cleaning systems to wash, strip and clean all components of grease, dirt, paint and corrosion with minimum rework; and use various methods such as blasting, degreasing, and power scrubbing.
* Mask appropriate surface areas to protect and prevent unintended metal removal in the bead blast process
* Chemically strip, sand, and paint applications on airborne generators and components, and aerospace ground support equipment and components
* Prepare exterior surfaces of aircraft, panels, and skins for coatings application by performing composite repair, gap filler removal, sanding and feather sanding
* Remove existing aircraft paint/coating utilizing various mechanical and manual methods such as sanding and scrapping, abrasive blast media (steel grit, glass, corn starch, and plastic bead), chemical strippers, de-greasers, and solvents
* Mix, thin, blend, and match tints and tones in coating material, and perform other journeyman level painting work as required
Education and Experience Requirements
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of 2 years of aircraft painting experience; experience F-22 airframe highly preferred
* Ability to use a variety of powered equipment such as steam and pressure washers, sanders, drills, and various hand tools
* Demonstrated experience with surface prep, paint removal/stripping, refinish and repair, and bead blast functions
* Completion of formal or military paint and finish school is preferred
* This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret security clearance.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.