8 months ago
A&P Mechanic; [23021 - Aircraft Mechanic I]
Sioux Falls, SD
Director of Maintenance
Alpine Air is currently seeking full time A&P Mechanics to join the crew at the Sioux Falls, South Dakota work location. Candidates must meet our high standard of excellence for safety, resource management skills, and customer relations. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills and a team player attitude.
Duties and responsibilities
The selected applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
* Preventative maintenance of aircraft
* Line maintenance and repair
* Scheduled inspection of aircraft
* Replacing worn or damaged components, including turbine engine changes
* Basic mechanical and electrical troubleshooting
* Repairing, replacing, and rebuilding aircraft structures, including repairs involving aircraft sheet metal
* Must have A & P License
* Preference given to Beech 1900 or King Air experience
* Knowledgeable of basic fixed wing aircraft maintenance
* Ability to locate and follow maintenance manual directions and component manuals
* Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word
* Must pass background check and pre-employment drug screen
* Must have High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals, and heat. Work for this position is performed outside, regardless of weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is a Full-Time position, 35-40 hours per week, with compensation depending on experience. Alpine Air offers competitive benefits with generous Paid Time Off, ten (10) paid holidays per year, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401(k) with employer match are available immediately upon employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. The employee must be able to frequently bend, twist, lift, and practice safe lifting methods. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Max Crandall - Human Resources Manager
ALPINE AIR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. Prospective employees will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by law or regulation.
Potential candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test prior to receiving an offer of employment.
This employer participates in E-verify. Alpine Air will provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.