4 months ago
ZENETEX has become a major force in the field of aircraft maintenance. We proudly support all four branches of the military in performing Organizational, Intermediate, and Depot level aircraft, ground vehicle, and component maintenance. We employ over 900 qualified Aircraft Mechanics across the United States and overseas. We have an opportunity for an Aircraft Mechanic (III) with T56 Turboprop Engine Power Plant experience to support our VRC-30, Contractor Field Team (CFT) at NAS North Island, CA.
* Provide Organizational-level maintenance support to the squadron to include: scheduled and unscheduled maintenance; maintenance control planning and management; and Technical Directive compliance and modifications
* Performs organizational level (O-level) repair of T56-A-425/427 engines and engine modules
* Inspects and maintains engines and their related systems, including but not limited to induction, cooling, fuel, oil compression, combustion, turbine, compressor, exhaust and propeller systems; pre-flight aircraft; periodic and special inspections
* Conduct periodic, Integrated Maintenance Concept (IMC) / Phase inspections, and Hourly Inspections on engines and engine-related systems; field-test and adjust engine components, including fuel controls, pumps, valves and regulators; and preserve and de-preserved engines, engine accessories and components
* Reads and interprets maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
* Replaces or repairs worn or damaged components, such as fuel controls, fuel pumps, oil pumps, and engine mounted gearboxes, and compressor bleed valves using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* A minimum of 4 years of experience performing the above duties and responsibilities
* Work will require a high level of hand dexterity and finger use in both hands, close vision corrected/uncorrected to 20/20, prolonged periods of standing and sitting in combination with stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, and pushing, as well as ability to lift 25lbs and over with assistance.
Work Environment (ADA)
* May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flight line that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
* This position will require U.S. citizenship and the ability to successfully complete a government background check.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.