4 months ago
ZENETEX has become a major force in the field of aircraft maintenance. We proudly support all four branches of the military in performing Organizational, Intermediate, and Depot level aircraft, ground vehicle, and component maintenance. We employ over 800 qualified Aircraft Mechanics across the United States and overseas. A new contract award at has created the opportunity for a B-52 Aircraft Mechanic II, Structures position. This position will be supporting the 307th MXG at Barksdale AFB, LA and will require an active DoD Secret clearance to start. Work is scheduled to begin 1 March 2019.
* Provides input to Maintenance Engineering Changes (MEC), Estimated Cost of Damage preparation (ECOD), and assists in the recommendation of changes to MWO.
* Make entries in aircraft logs and records when required, and may provide guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts
* Contractor shall be knowledgeable of aircraft maintenance standards, to include but not limited to, corrosion, hazardous waste, and materials, concepts and application of maintenance directives and data reporting, use of technical data and supply and deficiency reporting procedures
* Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components
* Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation
* Applies professional technical knowledge and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of 3 years of experience, with two years of recent experience in B-52 aircraft maintenance support
* Two years experience as a structures mechanic is required
* Requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components and of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair
* Must be skilled in removing and replacing aircraft parts and accessories/components, and have the ability to make adjustments and settings according to established specifications
* Experience with aircraft modifications is a plus
* Work will require a high level of hand dexterity and finger use in both hands, close vision corrected/uncorrected to 20/20, prolonged periods of standing and sitting in combination with stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, and pushing, as well as ability to lift 25lbs and over with assistance.
Work Environment (ADA)
* May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flight line that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
* This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.