7 months ago
ZENETEX specializes in management and technology support services for a variety of federal agencies and commercial organizations. We have opportunities for experienced Electroplaters (Aircraft Mechanic II labor category) to support our FRCSW team at NAS North Island, CA.
* Cleaning, preparing, coating and electroplating aircraft engine components and parts by chemical, mechanical and sonic methods utilizing various chemical solutions
* Utilizing appropriate cleaning, degreasing/rusting, paint and metal stripping, pickling and alodine and dichromate seal to perform required tasks
* Removing and treating corrosion, and monitoring the preservation and anodizing process
* Controlling and maintaining temperature consistency and effectiveness of the various solutions, monitoring immersion time
* Monitoring and cleaning chemical tanks and removing, replacing and disposing of chemicals
* Documenting description of the work performed in the maintenance records
* Servicing engines and aircraft components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* A minimum of six years of related aircraft maintenance/electroplating experience is required
* Extensive knowledge of all aircraft mechanical systems functions and interactions
* Extensive knowledge of aircraft accessories, components and other hardware
* Complete knowledge of all related skill area machines, equipment and hand tools
* Must be able to recognize and understand process and finish codes appearing on work directives
* Ability to work with various chemical solutions including hydrofluoric nitric acid, chromic acid, sodium dichromate, and alodine solution
* Must be experienced in the use of power tools, high pressure steam, air, water, and electrical equipment
* Ability to review production process sheets, blueprints, specifications and other documents as necessary
* Work will require a high level of hand dexterity and finger use in both hands, prolonged periods of standing and sitting in combination with stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, and pushing, as well as ability to lift 25lbs and over with assistance.
Work Environment (ADA)
* May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flight line that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
* This position will require U.S. citizenship and the ability to pass an intensive government background check.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.