4 months ago
ZENETEX has become a major force in the field of aircraft maintenance. We proudly support all four branches of the military in performing Organizational, Intermediate, and Depot level aircraft, ground vehicle, and component maintenance. We employ over 800 qualified Aircraft Mechanics across the United States and overseas. A new contract award at has created the opportunity for two B-52 Aircraft Mechanic II, Electricians. These positions will be supporting the 5th MXG at Minot AFB, ND and will require an active DoD Secret clearance to start. Work is scheduled to begin on 1 March 2019.
* Remove, install, align, and check integrated avionics systems
* Remove and install LRUs, operationally check externally-mounted avionics equipment, and perform modifications
* Make entries in aircraft logs and records, and provide guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts
* Contractor shall be knowledgeable of aircraft maintenance standards, to include but not limited to, corrosion, hazardous waste, and materials, concepts and application of maintenance directives and data reporting, use of technical data and supply and deficiency reporting procedures
* Maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components
* Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation
* Applies professional technical knowledge and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory.
* High school diploma or equivalent with successfully completion of related military or commercial courses
* Coursework in basic electronics, mathematics, general science, physics, and mechanics are desirable
* Minimum of 3 years of experience, with two years recent experience in B-52 aircraft maintenance support; two of which years should be as an aircraft electrician
* Must have the skill to identify and isolate integrated systems malfunctions and analyze performance, and operate integrated avionics systems to determine operational condition
* Knowledge of electrical, electronic, microelectronic, mechanical, and indicator principles theory, and application relating to electrical systems, concepts, and application of maintenance directives is critical
* Must have thorough understanding of the meaning of symbols used in wiring diagrams, blueprints, and schematics
* Ability to use and interpret testing and measuring devices
* Experience with aircraft modifications is a plus
* Must be skilled in removing and replacing aircraft parts and accessories/components, and have the ability to make adjustments and settings according to established specifications
* Work will require a high level of hand dexterity and finger use in both hands, close vision corrected/uncorrected to 20/20, prolonged periods of standing and sitting in combination with stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, and pushing, as well as ability to lift 25lbs and over with assistance.
* Normal color vision as defined in AFI 48-123 Medical Examinations and Standards is mandatory for this specialty
Work Environment (ADA)
* May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flight line that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
* This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.